SU-ND game from 2003 on ESPN Classic right now | Syracusefan.com

SU-ND game from 2003 on ESPN Classic right now

very fun game to go to, I think Melo posted Danny Miller up on the right block about a million times in the second half

Thanks, JB's face was priceless. Now the 2003 GTown game, good to watch this one without 36 beers in me.

Thanks, JB's face was priceless. Now the 2003 GTown game, good to watch this one without 36 beers in me.

The only non-NCAA regional game I ever had the chance to travel to when I was a student. The trip back from DC took like 7 or 8 hours because there was such an absurd amount of fog. Plus, after the game it led to getting hammered at Georgetown bars, one of my roommates wandering the streets shouting " GEORGETOWN!" at the top of his lungs, and me running across the street at about 2 AM to get money out of an ATM because apparently our hotel didn't have one just to order an extremely overpriced delivery pizza, which I did not get to eat because I passed out before it arrived, leaving one of my other roommates to be sitting up by himself eating this terrible pizza and laughing at the rest of us.

The only non-NCAA regional game I ever had the chance to travel to when I was a student. The trip back from DC took like 7 or 8 hours because there was such an absurd amount of fog. Plus, after the game it led to getting hammered at Georgetown bars, one of my roommates wandering the streets shouting " GEORGETOWN!" at the top of his lungs, and me running across the street at about 2 AM to get money out of an ATM because apparently our hotel didn't have one just to order an extremely overpriced delivery pizza, which I did not get to eat because I passed out before it arrived, leaving one of my other roommates to be sitting up by himself eating this terrible pizza and laughing at the rest of us.

Was that the game we came from way back at the end of regulation, forcing OT, which we won?

Was that the game we came from way back at the end of regulation, forcing OT, which we won?

Yep. And it featured this:

We went absolutely ape in the stands when that happened in real time. That was most definitely one of those, "okay, this, I'm not letting us lose" moment.

Yep. And it featured this:

We went absolutely ape in the stands when that happened in real time. That was most definitely one of those, "okay, this, I'm not letting us lose" moment.

One of my favorite plays of that season. As it was happening, my immediate reaction was anger that the refs let GT foul Melo all the way down the court. The finish and the and-1 changed my tune.

I mentioned before that I rushed the court after the Mizzou game and x3 vs Pitt.

Well I had to miss the ND game because I couldn't get out of work. Two of my buddies went wo me, and sure enough they end up on the front page of the Sunday morning PS after they rushed the court.

those guys.

that was the noon game right? all i remember is being so incredibly hung over rushing the court for that one..

that was the noon game right? all i remember is being so incredibly hung over rushing the court for that one..

Yep.

Two things stand out from that game.

1. RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES

2. When Carrol hit the shot to give the Irish the lead right before that dagger, I knew there was no way on hell we weren't scoring on the next possession...I just had the wrong guy.

Yep.

2. When Carrol hit the shot to give the Irish the lead right before that dagger, I knew there was no way on hell we weren't scoring on the next possession...I just had the wrong guy.

ahh thats right.. it truly saddens me that its now been 10 years since then.. for more than obvious reasons a team and year ill never forget. Although i truly felt guilty having been a freshman there and while a lifetime cuse fan- so many other lifers that had been there before and not been able to experience that as a student..

In other words ... college.

In other words ... college.

kcc4zs.jpg

ok so you were a student at this time and this story rings a bell.. im guessing our su networks crossed paths at one point or another.. not saying there weren't multiple such incidences that night.. just recall nearly the exact same story being told about that night...

Two of my buddies went wo me, and sure enough they end up on the front page of the Sunday morning PS after they rushed the court.

Was it that pic with Josh Pace on the table and the bedlam on the floor because I am real easy to pick out of that one. Only guy with a John Deere cap on. :cool:

Mark Johnson did a nice job, but man, how amazing would it have been to have Doug Logan calling those games all year.

Mark Johnson did a nice job, but man, how amazing would it have been to have Doug Logan calling those games all year.

I thought MJ was great at first... but then he left for some job in Colorado soon after... so it's like" great.. we have this random calling our run to the NC"

Logan or even Park would have been better.

Yep.

2. When Carrol hit the shot to give the Irish the lead right before that dagger, I knew there was no way on hell we weren't scoring on the next possession....I just had the wrong guy.

So did the ND defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom