SU no longer a cinch to win Big East | Syracusefan.com

SU no longer a cinch to win Big East

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
BIG EAST

There are a lot of "firsts" for the Big East this year: First year with a conference tournament (At Villanova? Sure, why not?); first year with an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament; and the first year that Syracuse may not decimate the league with dynamite.

When the league announced that it intended to sponsor men's lacrosse starting with with 2010 season, everyone that hadn't taken a tire iron to the skull at some point in their lives assumed that Syracuse would dominate the league from start to finish. There wasn't a refrain that the Orange would run through the conference with an unblemished record for all of eternity like many thought of Florida State football when it joined the ACC, but there wasn't much concern that Syracuse would ever be challenged year-in and year-out in the Big East.

Now, in 2012, serious questions about whether the Orange will continue its spotless effort abound. Notre Dame and Villanova are legitimate candidates to take home regular season and/or tournament trophies. Georgetown, mired in mediocrity the last few years and without an NCAA Tournament invitation since 2007, is lying in the weeds like a viper waiting to attack. The remainder of the league probably has a better shot at lottery winnings than to finish at the top of the table, but that doesn't diminish the fact that the Big East is as unsettled as ever.

These are crazy times down at Costello music.
http://www.collegecrosse.com/2012/2/24/2821337/cool-story-bro-tell-it-again-the-great-unknown

Now, in 2012, serious questions about whether the Orange will continue its spotless effort abound.
I don't even know what that means. Is he taking a shot at our effort? HHH

BIG EAST

There are a lot of "firsts" for the Big East this year: First year with a conference tournament (At Villanova? Sure, why not?); first year with an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament; and the first year that Syracuse may not decimate the league with dynamite.

When the league announced that it intended to sponsor men's lacrosse starting with with 2010 season, everyone that hadn't taken a tire iron to the skull at some point in their lives assumed that Syracuse would dominate the league from start to finish. There wasn't a refrain that the Orange would run through the conference with an unblemished record for all of eternity like many thought of Florida State football when it joined the ACC, but there wasn't much concern that Syracuse would ever be challenged year-in and year-out in the Big East.

Now, in 2012, serious questions about whether the Orange will continue its spotless effort abound. Notre Dame and Villanova are legitimate candidates to take home regular season and/or tournament trophies. Georgetown, mired in mediocrity the last few years and without an NCAA Tournament invitation since 2007, is lying in the weeds like a viper waiting to attack. The remainder of the league probably has a better shot at lottery winnings than to finish at the top of the table, but that doesn't diminish the fact that the Big East is as unsettled as ever.

These are crazy times down at Costello music.
http://www.collegecrosse.com/2012/2/24/2821337/cool-story-bro-tell-it-again-the-great-unknown

LOL Gtown hasnt been relevant in a decade and I dont think Villanova or ND have ever beaten Syracuse. We may lose a game in the BE this year but I dont see us losing in the tourney. Barring injuries this team will be loaded come april/may.

When I saw ND was ahead of SU in the polls this week, it didn't even register that SU wasn't the highest ranked team in the conference. I guess when you've been independent for so long and measure success with FFs and NCs, the Big East really isn't that significant. I can hardly even bring myself to care about BE lax- ACC will be very exciting though with those programs.

IMO ND/NOVA Pretenders to the throne , until proven otherwise :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom