SU not in Bilas’ top 68 teams | Syracusefan.com

SU not in Bilas’ top 68 teams

I understand the skepticism.

Will be interesting to see if / how long it takes to dispel the non-belief.

Why I posted it. I mean, top 68, I figured we’d make an appearance regardless of some of the question marks. What teams other than a few are there not question marks about.

Why I posted it. I mean, top 68, I figured we’d make an appearance regardless of some of the question marks. What teams other than a few are there not question marks about.
I read through that list expecting to see us somewhere too. Even with the uncertainty with Red I don’t think there’s 68 teams better than the one we’ll put out tonight.

I read through that list expecting to see us somewhere too. Even with the uncertainty with Red I don’t think there’s 68 teams better than the one we’ll put out tonight.

My thoughts exactly.

Yeah, but - entirely new coach, system, players.

Conversely - WHY would Bilas (or anybody) put us on one of these preseason things, given all of those unknowns?

Answer - they wouldn't.
QED.

One way of looking at it is that we have lost 31 ppg or generously 35% of the scoring from last year... and to replace them we brought a bunch of dudes who have plenty of potential but have not proven they can replace that scoring. We are all betting on a new playing style juicing the scoring from the returners a bit.

All of this sounds great in theory but until we see some of it in action I wouldn't put this squad in the top 68 either because we weren't top 68 last year and it remains to be seen whether this year's team is better than last years. We have a TON of open questions.

Jay is smart but his predictions usually are lousy, especially in March. Plus he was deferential to JB in a way that he likely won't be to Red.
in other words, don't worry about it.

Jay is smart but his predictions usually are lousy, especially in March. Plus he was deferential to JB in a way that he likely won't be to Red.
in other words, don't worry about it.
FWIW, He picked UConn to win last year as a 4 seed. Pretty impressive, imo.

Most analysts change their top teams by conference play as by that time they have a body of work to make better judgments.

Who cares about what Bilas has to say about our team. No one has any clue, including us on this board. I will say though that if Benny and Bell can't shoot at a high clip from 3 this year, we're in trouble. I'm counting on Justin doing his part.

fair enuf. we have to prove we can shoot. but this team is so much better defensively i'd be surprised if we don't crack the top 25.

I am fine with no Cuse love. Earn the praise and make them put some respect on our name next year. In the meantime start collecting dubs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom