SU opens -4 vs WMU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU opens -4 vs WMU

Wow. They got demolished by Michigan St who couldn't score vs ASU at home until late in the 4th.

I like MSU—my wife went there and I’d watch every game—their offense wishes on a star every night that it was our offense.

WMU can score. WMU can't play defense against Power 5 teams, even teams with garbage offenses like Michigan State and Michigan. Our season is pretty much screwed if we don't win this game, I will take a win no matter how we get it but I will highly disappointed in the team if we don't come out with our hair on fire and smack these guys back to Kalamazoo. Let's hope Heckel comes back, everyone can move back to their normal positions and the line can go from horrible to mediocre, that will probably be enough.

Up to -6. ML also out at WMU +185 which has an implied probability of 35% for an outright Bronco win

I think Liberty went a point toward us and won
Maryland went way against us and we lost
Clemson went way against us and we lost
WMU moves towards us and we win?

Vegas might have us nailed

Western Michigan is a better team than SU at this point. Their Oline is very good and their QB is a veteran who is light years ahead of Tommy. Our D is going to have to play lights out. We have to hope Heckel can go or we are in for a very tough game.

Uh, okay

And we got absolutely demolished by Maryland who looked terrible against temple. We’re evenly matched until the result of the game says otherwise
did you watch the maryland temple game? they should have won by 20+ Jackson couldnt hit the moon and they still had a ton of chances to win easily.

WMU moved the ball on about 4-5 plays in a 10-15 min stretch. did nothing most of the rest of the game,

not sure we can score though. but it took almost zero offense by us to give clemson the ball enough to get to 30.. the last 2 we just went thru the motions..

if WMU is going to dominate the tackles the same way Clemson did we are in trouble. vs maryland we gave away 10-17 pts just because of time and score we didnt take the pts we earned. vs Clemson we probably should have scored 20 just because of where the D put us.

if we make WMU earn pts we are ok.. If we just let them get big plays and its a track meet its not gonna be good.

did you watch the maryland temple game? they should have won by 20+ Jackson couldnt hit the moon and they still had a ton of chances to win easily.
But they didn’t and the QB play was not good. I mean, you can try to tell me MD “should” have won by 20 if... cool story.

its the very reason many thought we would beat maryland.. avg QB play and bad coaching..

it looked like a different team, but if the QB is going to throw to open and guys and miss them by 3-5 yds or have 1/4 of the passes dropped they are not going to score.

By looking at reproducible and consistent stats from team A and B (explosiveness, effeciency, etc) you can take the stats from a game and figure out a score. Then compare that with the actual score and you’ll see how dependent team B’s win was based on luck.

The better performing team sometimes loses.

How dinged are we going into this game? If some of the DBs are out then WMU +6 would be a lock.

i would like to see devito under center more than in the shotgun. I hate how they run the ball in the shotgun. It limits the toss and sweeps in the shotgun. I feel like this could be addressed at some point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom