SU opens -9.5 over Stanford… | Syracusefan.com

SU opens -9.5 over Stanford…

I’m curious which way this number will initially move.
I would assume early money will be on Stanford.

9.5 isn’t a small spread, and I think the casual bettor will see Stanford scored 27 on TCU and only lost by a TD, and then scored 41 and covered the spread against Cal Poly.

I like us to cover 9.5, and think we win by 14+. Our team knows they let that GT score make the game look way closer than it was. They won’t do that again this week.

9.5 isn’t a small spread, and I think the casual bettor will see Stanford scored 27 on TCU and only lost by a TD, and then scored 41 and covered the spread against Cal Poly.

I like us to cover 9.5, and think we win by 14+. Our team knows they let that GT score make the game look way closer than it was. They won’t do that again this week.
I don’t think the team cares about the point spread or the optics of the final score. I doubt they have thought about the game since they looked at the game video.
Come Monday, they will start their prep for Stanford.

I don’t think the team cares about the point spread or the optics of the final score. I doubt they have thought about the game since they looked at the game video.
Do I think that HCFB or the players think or care about the spread? Of course not.

But when a team out gains their opponent 515-378, has no turnovers, has 36+ minutes of possession, and only wins by 3 - that will absolutely be a coaching point.

Winning is all that matters, but you can’t let your opponent hang around like that. They will want to shore up the win earlier than they did against GT.

Early money is orange. Up to -10.5. Interesting.

I thought it'd be about -7 or -8. Hopefully the sharps know better.

I wonder if the early $$$ is coming in from Orange fans?

I thought it'd be about -7 or -8. Hopefully the sharps know better.

I wonder if the early $$$ is coming in from Orange fans?
This game has 42-10 SU written all over it. Stanford is not good at anytlhing. SU is not a complete team, defense has to really improve, but they are for real on offense.

This game has 42-10 SU written all over it. Stanford is not good at anytlhing. SU is not a complete team, defense has to really improve, but they are for real on offense.
I hope so. But as a program we have had more misses than hits when we have national attention.

Friday night game is an opportunity to accelerate the positivity

Prep starts today. The game is on Friday not the usual Saturday, so today is Monday for the team.

I’ve heard they will be practicing today.

Go Orange!

Do I think that HCFB or the players think or care about the spread? Of course not.

But when a team out gains their opponent 515-378, has no turnovers, has 36+ minutes of possession, and only wins by 3 - that will absolutely be a coaching point.

Winning is all that matters, but you can’t let your opponent hang around like that. They will want to shore up the win earlier than they did against GT.
The margin absolutely WILL NOT BE a point of emphasis. I doubt the final score would be mentioned at all.
The plays and mistakes that led to scores will be discussed, not the score. Winning is hard, and the other guys are on scholarship, too. Win by one or 101, coaches don’t care.

Down to -8.5 at Fanduel. Settling in at -9.5 at most other books

was 9.5 at every book I looked at in vegas today. Mccord at 80-1 but he was removed from most shops

I have a feeling there will be 4 or more turnovers in this game. Not sure who will have an advantage but a sloppy game.

is this the best academic school SU has ever faced if you use US News and World Report as the barometer? I guess have we played MIT, Harvard or Yale before?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom