SU opens -9.5 over Stanford… | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU opens -9.5 over Stanford…

I’m curious which way this number will initially move.
We in the past have not performed admirably after a bye. Glad it is a Friday Night game at least. That said, pending a meltdown from our offense, defense or special teams in which we have proven we can win with the two later failing in a game, I see us having a clean day on special teams, a bend but not break Defense, and more of the same from Kyle McCord and company, in fact I think he will have his best game yet against the cardinals, so I see us breaking 40 points in this while the D keeps it below 20. SU 45 SC 17

What I don’t want to see tomorrow is a game like UVA in 2022. Coming off an emotional victory vs Purdue we came out fantastic against in the first quarter against Virginia, but got sluggish and allowed them to hang around. And it took some good fortune to end up winning.

We need to keep the foot on the gas from start to finish.

If I remember correctly we were around a 10 point favorite on that Friday night game also.
Yep I hope the players who are still here from that game remember that. Fran should have them focused, that was not a Dino strong suit

Yep I hope the players who are still here from that game remember that. Fran should have them focused, that was not a Dino strong suit
I honestly hope they don't repeat the GT give up the extra points at the end. I think this is a factor in the odds, as we did it with Ohio a bit... But, again this was partially defense and special teams with GT. I'm surprised it isn't something more like 6.5 considering the last two games at the end of them.
I think Fran is definitely focused on fixing mistakes. The D was great for GT until the end, and Offense carried alot for Ohio. In all this game will be how we see hopefully D/O/ST come together and just all do their job. If that can happen I get the -9.5, but I figured a -6 or somewhere is more appropriate considering the past.

The good thing is that the offense has scored about the least it could with how well it moved the ball.

in the GT game we missed the FG on the block, but OG also dropped 2 passes that caused 2 drives to end.

We have almost no big shock plays, and none for scores, we are good at the 20-30 plays so far though.

McCord missed the TE Valari 4 times on wide open plays so far

There is meat on the bone.

I don't think we cover.

I originally had it 38-20 early in the week but the more I looked at things it probably ends up 31-24 type game.

Feel it might be a game where we give up a couple late scores to see outcome. Up like 31-14 in the fourth and give up a FG and late touchdown before running out the clock.

I don't think we cover.

I originally had it 38-20 early in the week but the more I looked at things it probably ends up 31-24 type game.

Feel it might be a game where we give up a couple late scores to see outcome. Up like 31-14 in the fourth and give up a FG and late touchdown before running out the clock.
I’m going to be disappointed if SU doesn’t get into the 40”s.

I’m going to be disappointed if SU doesn’t get into the 40”s.
I agree

3 games in we start to see if we will generate turnovers and create some short fields or hit home runs.

We know we can drive the field in sustained drives. We need some easy ones.

I agree

3 games in we start to see if we will generate turnovers and create some short fields or hit home runs.

We know we can drive the field in sustained drives. We need some easy ones.
Might be because defenses are keeping safeties deep?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom