SU opens as a "pickem" vs. A&M | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU opens as a "pickem" vs. A&M

It's always easier for Syracuse in a back to back game. We play the 2-3 zone today, we play the 2-3 zone tomorrow. Our offence will pretty much be the same. Our opponent has to scramble in 24 hours to figure out how they will play the 2-3, with no real practice time.

I don't want to make it seem like our defence is impregnable. It clearly is not -- but when you have limited time to change your gameplan or practice it is much more of an obstacle.

Although I will say our 2-3 this year is more "standard". The length and athleticism we had before made it a little more flexible. Right now Lydon stays back quite often instead of pushing up, because I don't think he is confident enough in his recovery skills yet.

Yesterday, I took Syracuse -2.5 at +260. Today, Syracuse -1.5 at +245 is my play.

The 2-3 is a huge advantage in game planning. I think the 30 second shot clock against our zone is a real advantage. Every team we face is going to be squeezed into making mistakes.

The 2-3 is a huge advantage in game planning. I think the 30 second shot clock against our zone is a real advantage. Every team we face is going to be squeezed into making mistakes.
It's funny during the game yesterday they mentioned that JB thinks the zone is a disadvantage fo rus with 30 second shot clock. With less time, teams are less likely to look for there perfect shot and just attack. They implied JB thinks there will be less "wind shield wiper" offense against us, although UConn did it a lot yesterday

It's always easier for Syracuse in a back to back game. We play the 2-3 zone today, we play the 2-3 zone tomorrow. Our offence will pretty much be the same. Our opponent has to scramble in 24 hours to figure out how they will play the 2-3, with no real practice time.

I don't want to make it seem like our defence is impregnable. It clearly is not -- but when you have limited time to change your gameplan or practice it is much more of an obstacle.

Although I will say our 2-3 this year is more "standard". The length and athleticism we had before made it a little more flexible. Right now Lydon stays back quite often instead of pushing up, because I don't think he is confident enough in his recovery skills yet.

Yesterday, I took Syracuse -2.5 at +260. Today, Syracuse -1.5 at +245 is my play.

Those are all very legit points. Offsetting that is our game yesterday involved a faster pace plus our starters played a lot more minutes than A&M's starters. That said, I think we have enough depth to get it done.

Very valid concern. This has letdown game written all over it.

Let down as in coming out flat? If anything, I would guess they are going to come out stoked to prove something. Fatigue might be an issue, but I don't see a let down.

Let down as in coming out flat? If anything, I would guess they are going to come out stoked to prove something. Fatigue might be an issue, but I don't see a let down.

yes. that was an intense game against an old rival with a very loud crowd. A&M is kind of a no name opponent, could have a letdown.

I am more concerned about coming out flat later in the season, when it is hard to get up every game.

I think early in the season, when you are wrapped in a short tournament, an emotional let down is not a real issue. Fatigue certainly is however,

It's funny during the game yesterday they mentioned that JB thinks the zone is a disadvantage fo rus with 30 second shot clock. With less time, teams are less likely to look for there perfect shot and just attack. They implied JB thinks there will be less "wind shield wiper" offense against us, although UConn did it a lot yesterday

I liked the early shot efforts by UConn because it seemed like a lot of them did not turn out well.

yes. that was an intense game against an old rival with a very loud crowd. A&M is kind of a no name opponent, could have a letdown.

I think the our players are too high to come down just yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom