SU players who led the BE in PPG | Syracusefan.com

SU players who led the BE in PPG

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
watching Georgetown last night and Louis Orr was covering for Ewing. The announcer says that Louis is the only SU player to lead the BE in scoring. I thought DNic did his senior year and Moten at least one year. I can't find a list on-line

Does that seem plausible?

Demetris Nichols led the league in '06-'07 with 18.9 ppg. Moten never led the league in ppg.

If we just look at total points in a season, there are a lot more SU players on that list.

'88-'89: Sherman Douglas, 693 points
'00-'01: Preston Shumpert, 662 points
'01-'02: Preston Shumpert, 744 points
'04-'05: Hakim Warrick, 726 points
'06-'07: Demetris Nichols, 663 points

Funny thing is, Sherm and DC both still own the career assists and rebounding records respectively in the Big East. That must irritate the good folks in Providence.

DNic definitely did.

watching Georgetown last night and Louis Orr was covering for Ewing. The announcer says that Louis is the only SU player to lead the BE in scoring. I thought DNic did his senior year and Moten at least one year. I can't find a list on-line

I believe it. Every time we had a big-time scorer there was someone else who averaged a little higher. In 96 Wallace averaged 22 ppg but Iverson was higher. Troy Bell averaged more than Carmelo. Eric Murdock more than Billy Owens, etc.

If you're only counting BE conference games, yes.

We played 6 conf games in 1979-80, Orr scored 123 points.

BE.png

Need we remind you that an announcer on an old game from the early '80s would not have a crystal ball to predict how later SU players might fare?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom