SU ranked as one of the most beautiful campuses in America...

SWC75

Bored Historian
For all its difficulty keeping grass green and not killing its young trees, SU's Physical Plant does a pretty good job holding the buildings together. Better than the GSA, at least...

I remember when the Syracuse Federal Building, (which is coming down in chunks), was being built. The concrete caught fire. That's not supposed to happen.

Eric15

Living Legend
That title usually goes to Carnegie-Mellon in Pittsburgh. They take great pride in how ugly their buildings are. The shocking thing is that they’re supposed to have an outstanding Arch School. I think it’s because they have a lot of Brutalist style, poured concrete buildings.
But at least Carnegie Mellon is nestled in nicely into the Pittsburgh landscape with Schenley Park, downtown, Oakland, etc. nearby. RIT is just out in a suburb with nothing around it.

Cusefan0307

Basketball Board pissing match observer
Up there for me too. Great town and area also.
Took a tour there. Never applied. My cousin went there and I visited. Had a great time. Charlottesville in general is a great town.
Reminds me of Burlington Vermont in a way. UVM is a really underrated campus.

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
Took a tour there. Never applied. My cousin went there and I visited. Had a great time. Charlottesville in general is a great town.
Reminds me of Burlington Vermont in a way. UVM is a really underrated campus.
Yup and Burlington has a Pedestrian Mall as well.

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
But at least Carnegie Mellon is nestled in nicely into the Pittsburgh landscape with Schenley Park, downtown, Oakland, etc. nearby. RIT is just out in a suburb with nothing around it.
For sure. My cousin lives a few blocks from there in Shadyside. I have a quite a few alum friends. NONE have ever mentioned it as ugly and, like you say it, it is nestled basically in Schenley Park. Nothing like RIT.

Top Bottom