SU ranked as one of the most beautiful campuses in America... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU ranked as one of the most beautiful campuses in America...

For all its difficulty keeping grass green and not killing its young trees, SU's Physical Plant does a pretty good job holding the buildings together. Better than the GSA, at least...

I remember when the Syracuse Federal Building, (which is coming down in chunks), was being built. The concrete caught fire. That's not supposed to happen.

That title usually goes to Carnegie-Mellon in Pittsburgh. They take great pride in how ugly their buildings are. The shocking thing is that they’re supposed to have an outstanding Arch School. I think it’s because they have a lot of Brutalist style, poured concrete buildings.

But at least Carnegie Mellon is nestled in nicely into the Pittsburgh landscape with Schenley Park, downtown, Oakland, etc. nearby. RIT is just out in a suburb with nothing around it.

Up there for me too. Great town and area also.

Took a tour there. Never applied. My cousin went there and I visited. Had a great time. Charlottesville in general is a great town.
Reminds me of Burlington Vermont in a way. UVM is a really underrated campus.

Took a tour there. Never applied. My cousin went there and I visited. Had a great time. Charlottesville in general is a great town.
Reminds me of Burlington Vermont in a way. UVM is a really underrated campus.

Yup and Burlington has a Pedestrian Mall as well.

But at least Carnegie Mellon is nestled in nicely into the Pittsburgh landscape with Schenley Park, downtown, Oakland, etc. nearby. RIT is just out in a suburb with nothing around it.

For sure. My cousin lives a few blocks from there in Shadyside. I have a quite a few alum friends. NONE have ever mentioned it as ugly and, like you say it, it is nestled basically in Schenley Park. Nothing like RIT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom