SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

If this works, especially early, it could line up as a good succession plan where Anae gives way to Beck as OC.

Critical, now, to lock both up as a tandem.

But is Cuse really committed to ongoing success? If so, and if the offense explodes like we all want, then they will need to pay.

pay-that-man-his-money.jpg

First, kudos to John Wildhack for convincing the BOT to spend the money to hire these guys. I am sure we broke all kinds of records for paying assistant coaches here. Don’t think Syracuse has ever hired assistant coaches for football as distinguished as these guys. Awesome. My wildest dreams have come true.

Virginia finished 2nd in passing yards and 3rd in total offense in the country this past season. They have taken an awful Virginia offense and made it the best unit in the conference, and one of the best in the country.

We caught a break with UVA’s unfortunate outbreak of COVID in that we can now tell our recruits who the new OC and QB coaches will be.

It will be interesting to see if they install their offense here or if an attempt is made to meld elements of the Babers offense with the Anae offense. Bronco was a defensive guy who was in on Rocky Long’s 3-3-5 early and I think he contributed little to the UVa offense. If you could combine the best elements of these schemes together, it could be amazing.

I would think the first objective is to get some OL and WRs, and maybe a TE on board to address existing weaknesses on the roster. Players in the portal are going to find Syracuse a lot more attractive today than they did yesterday.

And maybe Taj sees that the architects of the nations’ #3 offense are coming to Syracuse and decides to stay? He apparently ran into some problems with academics trying to transfer. My guess is that it would be easier for him to stay eligible if he did not transfer.

Taj can kick rocks. I want that kid no where near this team.

I wonder what sort of guarantees or reassurances that Beck and Anae got. You have to think they could have gotten gigs at a lot of places with more long term stability than a 2 year left hc coming off of multiple losing seasons.
0A9F0410-E952-487D-A053-65D5C89AD2B8.gif

I hope we allow our OC to install whatever he is most comfortable with. I’m not sure Dino even has an offensive philosophy
Interesting how “orange is the new fast” has faded gently into the night… the man definitely had an offensive philosophy coming in, in fact it’s why he was hired. Having said that, oinf seems to have run it’s course so I’m cool with ditching it.

Interesting how “orange is the new fast” has faded gently into the night… the man definitely had an offensive philosophy coming in, in fact it’s why he was hired. Having said that, oinf seems to have run it’s course so I’m cool with ditching it.
So I wasted my money buying oitnf.com?

Great job by JW and Dino to land these two. If Dino can focus on being the CEO and White and Anae focus on game planning and calling we have a chance to become good quickly. Next step if it hasnt already happened is to restructure Dino and give him time to let his new staff work their magic.
First Lacrosse and now this. Two home runs by our AD . Cant wait to see whats in store when Jim decides to retire. Im thrilled.
Yeah. JW’s fingerprints seem all over this.

Is this a subtle hint that Who's That will be brought in to the Orange family, too?
As they used to say in the UK Parliament, "I refer my Honorable Friend to the reply I gave some moments ago."

This must be as good as done seeing these posts from reputable posters.

What great hires! I didn't want to get my hopes up. The D and run game should give these guys a ton to work with.

Taj can kick rocks. I want that kid no where near this team.

Don’t worry, he doesn’t want to be anywhere near this program or university either

His many Instagram stories talking about how much he disliked Syracuse showed that… mainly him complaining about the weather and then him being too excited to move out at the end of the semester

He gone

I was told by JW in an email the other day that “he is working day and night with Dino and just has a few loose ends to tie up and they are hoping for an official announcement next week”

This was on Friday when I was asking him about a couple things

Don’t worry, he doesn’t want to be anywhere near this program or university either

His many Instagram stories talking about how much he disliked Syracuse showed that… mainly him complaining about the weather and then him being too excited to move out at the end of the semester

He gone
Our weather is comparable to his weather growing up in NJ

Sounds like a Schiano mouth piece

Not only that and although it's probably 90% done Syracuse hasn't announced it yet.