SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

So you're saying I can look Forward to the first game thread next Fall? ;)
With increased expectations? Have you learned nothing from your years of experience?
You will be faced with more palm slaps, eye rolls, furrowed brows, and head shakes than you should.
But, alas, such is the life of an SU fan and SyrFan Moderator!

Freaking awesome. I predict these two will have a Tony White-esque impact on the offensive side of the ball. Home run.

Now, let's go poach the hell out of UVa recruits / land some of their portal transfers!

We now have a top end coordinator on offense, defense and ST. Can’t do much better than that.

AND the Daily Orange has now run with it, and being an SU related publication, I think they may have had real confirmation from someone? The double secret kind of confirmation? We don't want our student newspaper embarrassed!!

They also say “reportedly” according to Rittenbergs tweet. So there has been nothing new since that tweet since every outlet references that tweet. I do believe it’s gonna happen though.

I'm going to Wegmans tomorrow at 10 AM.

Bet your ass SU makes the announcement at 10:05.

They want someone else to break the news of their announcement.

They also say “reportedly” according to Rittenbergs tweet. So there has been nothing new since that tweet since every outlet references that tweet. I do believe it’s gonna happen though.
After the Zack Arnett debacle, we should not bank on anything until the ink is dry on the contracts. At least now, I am sure there is language to prevent an assistant from leaving immediately after agreeing to coach here.

But you can bet JW is not going to announce the new hires until every detail has been worked out and the contracts are all in order. Let’s hope that happens soon. Guessing the hires were leaked early to help with recruiting. That goes for recruits from high schools and the portal. For us, on offense, right now, recruits from the portal might be most important.

Guessing the hires were leaked early to help with recruiting. That goes for recruits from high schools and the portal. For us, on offense, right now, recruits from the portal might be most important.

I agree I hope our new offensive coaches have their eyes on a few players including a QB that can come in and play right away in their system.

First, kudos to John Wildhack for convincing the BOT to spend the money to hire these guys. I am sure we broke all kinds of records for paying assistant coaches here. Don’t think Syracuse has ever hired assistant coaches for football as distinguished as these guys. Awesome. My wildest dreams have come true.

Virginia finished 2nd in passing yards and 3rd in total offense in the country this past season. They have taken an awful Virginia offense and made it the best unit in the conference, and one of the best in the country.

We caught a break with UVA’s unfortunate outbreak of COVID in that we can now tell our recruits who the new OC and QB coaches will be.

It will be interesting to see if they install their offense here or if an attempt is made to meld elements of the Babers offense with the Anae offense. Bronco was a defensive guy who was in on Rocky Long’s 3-3-5 early and I think he contributed little to the UVa offense. If you could combine the best elements of these schemes together, it could be amazing.

I would think the first objective is to get some OL and WRs, and maybe a TE on board to address existing weaknesses on the roster. Players in the portal are going to find Syracuse a lot more attractive today than they did yesterday.

And maybe Taj sees that the architects of the nations’ #3 offense are coming to Syracuse and decides to stay? He apparently ran into some problems with academics trying to transfer. My guess is that it would be easier for him to stay eligible if he did not transfer.
Well, my friend sutomcat , your first paragraph says it all perfectly.

Don't count on this happening. Hagans is the most likely to be retained by Elliott, for the reasons you lay out.
I hear you, but I also think going with a group you've worked for in the past and built a reputation with might be more fruitful as a coach than staying with a group you have no experience with.

I would say it's a 50/50 proposition.

AND the Daily Orange has now run with it, and being an SU related publication, I think they may have had real confirmation from someone? The double secret kind of confirmation? We don't want our student newspaper embarrassed!!
The DO is actually independent of Syracuse University believe it or not. They don’t receive any money from the university and are student run (with only one full time employee who isn’t a student). It’s very rare and something the paper has prioritized for decades to ensure the school can’t interfere with coverage. It’s one of the key reasons why Syracuse has produced so many great journalists in my humble opinion (as a DO alum, I’m a bit biased).

This is fantastic by JW. I was super critical of him and this makes me very very excited. I think they come out guns smoking and get the fan base back into it and pumped. These guys know what they are doing. Now pound the portal and recruit. Final step