SU v.s SDSU on Midway Carrier to kick off season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU v.s SDSU on Midway Carrier to kick off season

cue poppy and the rest of the schedule haters to chime in with something like "san diego st? boring." or "playing on a ship is not a true road game"

With life rafts like this...
multi-placeliferaft.jpg

All navy ships are definitely considered SU home games

Does this count as leaving the state of NY?
New York is on the Atlantic. The Panama Canal connects the Atlantic and the Pacific. Need I say more?

November 9th ... you mean we might not have to hear about leaving NY/NJ/Northeast/Eastern Seaboard/EST for 2 years straight (Maui the year after)?

November 9th ... you mean we might not have to hear **** about leaving NY/NJ/Northeast/Eastern Seaboard/EST for 2 years straight (Maui the year after)?

It's still not a true road game for SU. Technically.

That is awesome. Last year it was UNC vs Mich St. Why are we playing SDSU and not a bigger time name? Not that its a complaint, just an observation. If they want it to be a west coast team why not play UCLA or Arizona or Oregon, etc.

Edit: I read the article. Boeheim and SDSU coach are old friends. That makes sense why we would do this.
And SDSU might be the best team on the West Coast right now, regardless of name power.

It's still not a true road game for SU. Technically.

yup. if our "first true road game" isnt until mid-december or whatever we'll still be hearing it. we could play a game in freakin hong kong and we'd still get the "syracuse hasnt played a true road game"

I'm pretty stoked to see JB leaving NY for something other than a tournament (although I much rather would see that, or see that in addition... preferably the kind where WE would actually play a blue blood for once like we used to on occasion). Just so that some don't mistake me as being a malcontent, I am indeed very excited to see something exotic like this and am seriously considering a roadtrip. I've been to SDSU to see Pearl Jam before, met some interesting people walking through the parking lot, and was invited into the back of a pickup to join a birthday party. I had a blast until I was later arrested, but we won't get into that. Some OG, upon hearing my story said(I wish I could imitate his voice), "San Diego, come on vacation, leave on probation!". Oddly, someone else in the holding sell was from the Navy. I think he was in for indecent exposure or public urination or something odd. He was worried because his ship was sailing out that day. So yes Orangello, I am with you on the roadtrip idea provided I can secure tickets before I get there, unlike when I saw Pearl Jam at SDSU, as there will be less chance to pick up extras with such a small seating capacity.

I do wish we had gotten in on the Carrier Classic before they moved it after one year. I don't get why they say there were no ships, when we clearly found one. I also wondered about trademark infringement being we had it first, and found this: http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2011/11/mikes_mailbox_doesnt_syracuse.html

Will we be having a tailgate for this game? A TailHook possibly? And will they be serving beer on the deck of the Midway?

Very cool! But why can't they bring the ship into Onondaga Lake so us locals can watch the game? TGD must have sold out to get a trip back home.

This guy would be a fair referee. Ice cold, no mistakes:

iceman.jpg

cue poppy and the rest of the schedule haters to chime in with something like "san diego st? boring." or "playing on a ship is not a true road game"

SDSU should be extremely good next year, and Steve Fisher is a fantastic coach.

But you're fooling yourself to think this is a road game. It's a 4,000 seat venue, and tickets will likely be pretty evenly distributed between the schools and sponsors. Atmosphere will probably be similar to Maui.

YES!!!

I thought it be years to get the team back west after the UCLA game years ago.

REAL pumped. How impossible with it be to get tickets to this

YES!!!

I thought it be years to get the team back west after the UCLA game years ago.

REAL pumped. How impossible with it be to get tickets to this
How deep do your pockets go? ;)

So obviously a home game...SU offers courses in LA at the University Center there...San Diego is a small suburb of LA---->Home Game for SU. I'm so wanna go to this...Old Town San Diego/Gaslight District/Coronado here I come. Ofcourse I'll require parking for my rental car and room for my tailgate on the deck or else I'm not going...and I'll cancel my season tickets.

midway-1185b.jpg

A different Big East school, Georgetown, was initially invited to play SDSU, but the Hoyas could not get out of a previous engagement over the same weekend. Instead, they got an even bigger name, and one that almost never plays on the West Coast. :rolling:

That is awesome. Last year it was UNC vs Mich St. Why are we playing SDSU and not a bigger time name? Not that its a complaint, just an observation. If they want it to be a west coast team why not play UCLA or Arizona or Oregon, etc.

Edit: I read the article. Boeheim and SDSU coach are old friends. That makes sense why we would do this.
San Diego State ain't exactly crap. They almost perenially have a very good team. Looking forward to this one!!

Yeah, SDSU would have won the PAC 12 this year. High quality opponent.