SU v.s SDSU on Midway Carrier to kick off season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU v.s SDSU on Midway Carrier to kick off season

It's not a home game but the media and pundits sure won't count it as a road game since it is a neutral site. Even the RPI will consider it a neutral site. I still want to get back to the home and home we use to schedule with a big dog.

So...how much good will does our agreeing to play a NNBE schools buy us with Meatball Johnny and the Providence Mob?

Maybe not a Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free card yet, but it might be worth something toward an early exit. At least that's my story for now.

Any Navy guys have an opinion on this - assuming I was able to get tickets, do you think I could convince the captain to marry me and my basketball crazy fiancee?

Any Navy guys have an opinion on this - assuming I was able to get tickets, do you think I could convince the captain to marry me and my basketball crazy fiancee?

I don't know if they will, but if you aren't overly picky about captains, I will. I'm serious too, and unlike that captain, this one is a lifelong Orange fan! As of now, I do intend to be at that game.

I don't know if they will, but if you aren't overly picky about captains, I will. I'm serious too, and unlike that captain, this one is a lifelong Orange fan! As of now, I do intend to be at that game.

It's a Museum. Would it still have a captain?

I live in the SW...but will be in Syracuse that day. Homecoming weekend, and other related events. Dam!

Pretty cool. Too bad it's not a better, bigger name, team we get to play.

You are on! Dress whites?

You are on! Dress whites?

I'm not that type of captain, however I imagine we can find some agreeable attire that hopefully won't get me beaten up or arrested at the game or anything. I realize everything is videotaped these days, so I will try to remain sober throughout most of the game, unless you'd like to be wed before the game and the nuptials are not dependent on victory. As noted before, SDSU isn't the typical pre-Big East cupcake and may actually be ranked. Heck, that "genius" Andy Katz has us at #14, so there is an ever so slight chance SDSU could even be the favorite! ...also, I am curious if the ship is able to rock in the slightest, which could effect the shooting?

could this be the little thing that tips Noel our way, he is what 18-19 and this is probably huge to him

Probably a really really old captain.
In an email from the ship's marketing director, he says basically - it's a museum stupid. That said, I would think the odds are pretty high someone with a captain's rank would be on board:)

I find it a little odd that SU is coming out right now with some of next year's schedule. I can't recall them ever doing this before. I find it interesting that they have announced a game at MSG and on a ship in San Diego. I wonder if the motive is to let a young man know he could be a part of a couple of early big events next year. All I'm waiting for now is a game at Boston Garden. Unfortunately, there isn't a quality Division I basketball program in Boston:) .

SDSU should be a legit top 25 team next year. work with a guy who is very close to the program. he is very excited about their potential next year. they return all key players and have a good recruiting class coming in.

they should play the game while the ship is actually moving in the pacific. it should start in san diego and the game is over as soon as it docks in new york...so yes..home game.

With life rafts like this...
multi-placeliferaft.jpg

All navy ships are definitely considered SU home games
that raft is orange, so it's a home game

Sign me up for this; I'd love an actual road game, but this is pretty cool also.

Temple and SD State should be good next year, so 2 good teams on neutral sites.

Ahh...

The warm sweet nights of San Diego. ... Was stationed at North Island while in the Navy.

I'll never forget arriving in San Diego, after bootcamp, the morning after the Superbowl. Doug Williams was the MVP and my first official Navy task was cleaning the party off the hanger bay floor!

It's really a shame about the capacity. I would definitely sign up to go but I think the odds of any of us (except the real big donors) of scoring a ticket are basically nonexistent. Really a shame. Definitely a once in a lifetime experience. My dad served on an aircraft carrier in WWII. I wonder if that counts for anything.