APG: 12 / 13
SPA: 8 / 6
BPG: 5 / 4
TPG: 9 / 10
FG%: .444 / .452
FT% : .703 / .653
3P%: .346 / .361

(for what it's worth)

We better beat these guys. They struggle scoring more than we do and if that's correct that UVA shoots 65% FTs then wow. That's bad. I admit I only have seen them once early in the year. Who will they put in the middle of the zone. Harris?

I can see this game being something like 50-49 as Virginia is a very slow tempo team

We better beat these guys. They struggle scoring more than we do and if that's correct that UVA shoots 65% FTs then wow. That's bad. I admit I only have seen them once early in the year. Who will they put in the middle of the zone. Harris?

Gill/Mitchell/Tobey also could fill that role

Harris, and I expect Gill will get more run than he usually does. I think he was a transfer who came in with high upside, but he has played less minutes than expected as UVA goes 9-10 deep and Tobey has gotten more minutes than expected. I am not sure Gill can hit the foul line jumper like Harris (maybe he can) but he is a great athlete and I would assume they will want him to attack the rim to try and draw some fouls against the bigs. UVA has some great atletes and there are a lot of intriguing matchups here. Cuse absolutely needs Grant to be at 100% in this one (and in every big game obviously, but definitely here given the matchups with Gill, Mitchell, etc.).

One thing I want to see is Rak/Baye to stop biting on these fakes. I feel like they have been terrific most of the year but the last 3-5 games they are biting on everything. Could be some pressure and they just need to settle down.

I think they'll try Brogdon at the foul line too. Besides Harris shooting ability, Brogdon is the one Va player that truly concerns me. Very good player.

When we've faced the 2-3 zones that ND and VT (among other teams) have thrown at us, Harris mostly tended to stay outside and we usually set up Brogdon, Gill, Anderson, or Tobey in the middle. While Anderson is the best athlete and Tobey is a dangerous spot-up shooter for his size, Brogdon and Gill have been most effective there because they have the best overall combination of shooting, passing, and driving.

Cuse's zone will obviously be the best one we've faced, so it will be interesting to see what new wrinkles Bennett introduces.

Miami coach Jim Larranega said it best when summing up our team in his press conference the other day:
Balanced starting 5, no one star who drives the bus. Multiple versatile scoring options with bigs who can shoot a bit and guards who can drive a bit. Deep, productive bench. Combination of fast, athletic, perimeter and post players who cover each other's mistakes and excel at help defense.

Balanced starting 5, no one star who drives the bus. Multiple versatile scoring options with bigs who can shoot a bit and guards who can drive a bit. Deep, productive bench. Combination of fast, athletic, perimeter and post players who cover each other's mistakes and excel at help defense.
My god, it's like perfection incarnate! The greatest basketball team ever assembled! Dream Team?! What Dream Team?!

My god, it's like perfection incarnate! The greatest basketball team ever assembled! Dream Team?! What Dream Team?!

Why are you so inhospitable to our Virginia visitors? I've noticed it on another thread as well. For the most part, I think the Virginia posters we have here are more civil and humble than just about every other fanbase that has poked their heads in, and they've provided some good information about their team, background, and even places to go pregame if you're attending the game.

Certainly not. This team is as prone to lapses in performance as any other. What I mean to say is, at their best, they are a well-synchronized group of two-way players who share the ball on offense and cover each other's bases on defense. Certainly it won't be easy to execute an efficient offense against Syracuse - nobody does, really - but lacking a premier scorer like Fair or Parker, they will have to play unselfishly to even have a chance to win. Similarly, without any truly elite defensive stoppers, they have to know how to help each other to succeed on that end as well.

Cuse fans may also be interested to know that, like the Orange, UVA also has a freshman point guard who has been a major key to our success this season. London Perrantes isn't quite the athlete that Ennis is, nor is he as prolific a scorer as Ennis can be, but he is an adept passer with a high basketball IQ and court vision for a freshman. Most importantly, he takes great care of the ball, leading the ACC in AST:TO ratio and having gone 7 of the last 8 games without committing a turnover. He will be a player to watch for us, and his ability to continue playing turnover-free basketball will be critical for our team's chances of winning.

GoHoosGo said:
Certainly not. This team is as prone to lapses in performance as any other. What I mean to say is, at their best, they are a well-synchronized group of two-way players who share the ball on offense and cover each other's bases on defense. Certainly it won't be easy to execute an efficient offense against Syracuse - nobody does, really - but lacking a premier scorer like Fair or Parker, they will have to play unselfishly to even have a chance to win. Similarly, without any truly elite defensive stoppers, they have to know how to help each other to succeed on that end as well. Cuse fans may also be interested to know that, like the Orange, UVA also has a freshman point guard who has been a major key to our success this season. London Perrantes isn't quite the athlete that Ennis is, nor is he as prolific a scorer as Ennis can be, but he is an adept passer with a high basketball IQ and court vision for a freshman. Most importantly, he takes great care of the ball, leading the ACC in AST:TO ratio and having gone 7 of the last 8 games without committing a turnover. He will be a player to watch for us, and his ability to continue playing turnover-free basketball will be critical for our team's chances of winning.

7 of the last 8 without a TO is quite impressive. No doubt it should be a good but
Low scoring game.

Why are you so inhospitable to our Virginia visitors? I've noticed it on another thread as well. For the most part, I think the Virginia posters we have here are more civil and humble than just about every other fanbase that has poked their heads in, and they've provided some good information about their team, background, and even places to go pregame if you're attending the game.
:rolleyes:
Then you didn't see a bunch of the posts. Thanks for your concern, though.

:rolleyes:
Then you didn't see a bunch of the posts. Thanks for your concern, though.

No concern - I was just inquiring. Every fanbase has their idiots, but I've seen more positive, friendly, realistic posts from the Virginia fans here than I have from visitors of most other teams. Obviously there are exceptions.

Stats are skewed big time and can be thrown out because of this:

Syracuse ACC Schedule > Vrginia's ACC Schedule
Please; it's not like you watch much college ball. "Marsh, drinker of PBR and watcher of all Southland conference games since 1492".