SU vs. USC Game Thread | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

SU vs. USC Game Thread

Why on earth do we still have Nassivb and Smith out there? I just don't understand these choices.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

How crazy is it that our defense gives up an average of 42 points a game this season

How crazy is it that our defense gives up an average of 42 points a game this season

How many does our special teams give up?

The end around and Redd breaking off that 75 yard run are the 13 point score difference.

It's so funny because they've actually played well. Just a ton of short fields.

If we can straighten the punt coverage out, this could actually be a really good team.

i thnk the D has played beyond expectations. today was all special plays, USC had 2-3 decent runs on reg plays and under 200 passing. a couple reverses that most teams cant run

we lost the special teams, the to and the big plays again and still stayed in the game. we really need the next two to get to the pitt game on a friday night

yay moral victory

I'd feel better about our moral victories if they didn't always have to include a good dose of What decisions/plays.

Still, it was pretty encouraging to see the D in the first half - and decent overall.

I don't think people expect perfection - McDonough/Spielman have made the same commentary. He does some strange things out there - throwing bullets for no reason, missing wide open players - I don't think they're out to get him. Do you?

Barkley is as good as it gets (and sure helps having those two WRs) but watch more college football today and show me another QB who doesn't ? There are no other QBs out there who don't do strange things or miss passes, make bad decisions at times or have bad games etc

statistical dominance again ... and again a loss :bang:

Barkley is as good as it gets (and sure helps having those two WRs) but watch more college football today and show me another QB who doesn't ? There are no other QBs out there who don't do strange things or miss passes, make bad decisions at times or have bad games etc

There are ty QB's that do that - Nassib doesn't seem like he falls in that category because you seem him make all those passes at times. I don't know, I'm with McDonough/Spielman on this one.

The kid has all the tools but he seems to hit these ruts or just plain misses passes that someone with his skillset should not be missing. In the first half it really didn't help us out - and it could have.

I'm not hating on the kid, he's very good, just odd to see him make the same mistakes all the time. Especially if he's a top 10 QB in the country this year.

smith is running pretty well, the holes are not huge
Smith averagdd 2.8 while PTG averaged over 6. Same holes different runner. PTG should get more carries and Smith fewer.

much like last week , turnovers and special teams really hurt us. it seems our line does well to hold penetration but rarely gets to the second level. prince and broyld do well using speed and shiftiness to break free.. smith just takes far too long to hit the hole. he is a liability at times much the same. prince looks like a guy who if given the heavier load could flat out explode. so far we gifted a game to nw and put some pressure on the afc's oops i mean pac 12's nc hopefuls. come back and get a winning streak going and this could turn around quickly.

There are ty QB's that do that - Nassib doesn't seem like he falls in that category because you seem him make all those passes at times. I don't know, I'm with McDonough/Spielman on this one.

The kid has all the tools but he seems to hit these ruts or just plain misses passes that someone with his skillset should not be missing. In the first half it really didn't help us out - and it could have.

I'm not hating on the kid, he's very good, just odd to see him make the same mistakes all the time. Especially if he's a top 10 QB in the country this year.

I think it's all emotions. When Nassib gets nervous or too hyped up he overthrows his receivers. Unlike McNabb... When he gets nervous he pukes. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom