SU Women 13, Albany 11. | Syracusefan.com

SU Women 13, Albany 11.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Daily Orange Sports ‏@DOsports 1m
No. 3 Syracuse hangs on for a very hard-fought 13-11 win over No. 18 Albany. SU improves to 11-1, but the victory was by no means easy.

Daily Orange Sports ‏@DOsports 1m
No. 3 Syracuse hangs on for a very hard-fought 13-11 win over No. 18 Albany. SU improves to 11-1, but the victory was by no means easy.

How many goals did the Thompson's score? ;)

Hey, at least the SU women have a very good shot at the Final Four and a National Championship...

Oh no doubt, good tough win for the Orange women. I was just taking a soft jab at "Team Thompson. Given the hype I was alluding, in jest, that they may have found their way onto the score sheet yet again.

Hey, at least the SU women have a very good shot at the Final Four and a National Championship...

And the men don't? Lots of lacrosse to be played. Best offensive depth in the game. Why don't we wait till the rest of year is played before, but given your record of relentless negativity, why bother I guess.

They might not be able to overcome the face off issues, but they made the title game last year, so maybe they can.

Boy...is Albany stepping up lacrosse wise or what? I'm sure their kids are pumped to play SU but still, they are doing pretty well.

Boy...is Albany stepping up lacrosse wise or what? I'm sure their kids are pumped to play SU but still, they are doing pretty well.
I have to think The Thompson Brothers® are pretty disappointed in their 4-4 record which included losses to Drexel, Bryant, and Canisius.

I have to think The Thompson Brothers® are pretty disappointed in their 4-4 record which included losses to Drexel, Bryant, and Canisius.

Agreed as is the whole team I'm sure. Shows me something regarding focus and effort though...can't just bring it for the one big game.

Agreed as is the whole team I'm sure. Shows me something regarding focus and effort though...can't just bring it for the one big game.

It'd be a dang shame if one of them did not win the Tewaarton. Worse yet, if they did not win it because their team is so average. The Tewaarton always seem to go to the best player on one of the top 5 teams in the country.

It'd be a dang shame if one of them did not win the Tewaarton. Worse yet, if they did not win it because their team is so average. The Tewaarton always seem to go to the best player on one of the top 5 teams in the country.

Why?

And the men don't? Lots of lacrosse to be played. Best offensive depth in the game. Why don't we wait till the rest of year is played before, but given your record of relentless negativity, why bother I guess.

They might not be able to overcome the face off issues, but they made the title game last year, so maybe they can.
Negative? I was being positive. I saw the women play last weekend and they are flat out great to watch.

As to the men's chances: If they don't permanently fix the FO problem (last weekend's success, according to the pundits, had more to do with a fortunate match up than a permanent fix) do you really think they are making the Final Four?

Negative? I was being positive. I saw the women play last weekend and they are flat out great to watch.

As to the men's chances: If they don't permanently fix the FO problem (last weekend's success, according to the pundits, had more to do with a fortunate match up than a permanent fix) do you really think they are making the Final Four?

They get it to 45-50% against top teams, sure. Their offensive efficiency is great and the defense is getting better.

They get it to 45-50% against top teams, sure. Their offensive efficiency is great and the defense is getting better.
Agree completely - 45 - 50% and they're a lock. I'm just skeptical that they can get there against top-level FO guys.

Agree completely - 45 - 50% and they're a lock. I'm just skeptical that they can get there against top-level FO guys.
I'd put it at 40%. Once it gets below 33% it's a near-impossible task.

The real killer is the number of illegal procedure calls, and their associated penalties. It was tough to stomach in the first half against St. John's. Last week's officials seemed to be more of the "spirit of the rules" types vs. "letter of the law" types... unless Daddio & Co. really did clean up their technique. Stringent refs combined with top notch opposing FOGO guys are a bad mix for SU.

Why?

Because I want to Grimshaw Elementary. I grew up literally a stone's throw from the reservation. My nephew played lacrosse with them. Native Americans invented this great sport. It's about time a Native American won it. They are great offensive talents, maybe the best since Mikey Powell.

Because I want to Grimshaw Elementary. I grew up literally a stone's throw from the reservation. My nephew played lacrosse with them. Native Americans invented this great sport. It's about time a Native American won it. They are great offensive talents, maybe the best since Mikey Powell.

If he keeps up this pace and sets some records he should be a favorite, but they need to win some games, this Friday would be a start. Stat's aren't everything.

If he keeps up this pace and sets some records he should be a favorite, but they need to win some games, this Friday would be a start. Stat's aren't everything.

Agree. Again, it would be a shame, but I would completely understand if they went .500 and one of them did not win it.

Agree. Again, it would be a shame, but I would completely understand if they went .500 and one of them did not win it.

The other stuff is a nice story, but not a reason to give them an award.

The other stuff is a nice story, but not a reason to give them an award.

The thing is, say they wore powder blue and played at Homewood. Would there be any question? Great Danes aren't Blue Jays, Orange, Cavs, and so on. If they were playing for an elite program they would be right in the discussion despite a mediocre supporting cast.

Edit: I apologize for the thread hijacking. To the original point, it was a good win for the women.

The thing is, say they wore powder blue and played at Homewood. Would there be any question? Great Danes aren't Blue Jays, Orange, Cavs, and so on. If they were playing for an elite program they would be right in the discussion despite a mediocre supporting cast.

Edit: I apologize for the thread hijacking. To the original point, it was a good win for the women.

If/when Hopkins falls to .500, that will be the story, and nobody will have player of the year consideration. And they are right in the discussion, so playing for Albany by itself isn't hurting them.

If the trophy was more important to them than playing together then two of them would be playing in Orange jerseys. Playing together was clearly the goal... good for them.

Go Orange (both -men and -women)!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom