suathletics.syr.edu is terrible, | Syracusefan.com

suathletics.syr.edu is terrible,

SyracuseFan

Scout Team
It always is bogged down never works from a login perspective. I was logged in and watching the game then it locked up and when I refresh the browser their site can never remember me being logged in.

So I go to login and their server is so overwhewlmed i get nothing but errors trying to log back in.
This has happened so many times in the past. It says wrong username and password when i use the same login details i used earlier. This exact same thing has happened in the past.

So just to try anything I go to lost user name and password and it tells me I don't exist even though my account was charged and I have a receipt in my email account from earlier tonight. It is such a mickey mouse site I can't stand it.

I know what username and password it was as I setup a new account tonight as their lost password form in the past never works so just to be fast tonight i created a new account. It worked fine until i needed to log back in. This isn't some free ho hum site either. Its just pathetic if you ask me.

I'm a web professional and these guys actually sell this crap all over the country, User doesn't exist blah blah. Damn I am so mad I'm sure i'm not alone. As this exact lost password crap happened to me last year.

I had a good feed tonight, no buffering or problems whatsoever.

So now BTW all of a sudden their server isn't overwhelmed and I'm able to log right in. Miraculously the server finds my login details as correct where they couldn't seem to find it 5 minutes ago.

Web technology doesn't work this way, in other words their site and server doesn't have the capacity for what it sells so they just claim your account details aren't correct. This is totally unacceptable and I'm going to ask for a refund. If you have a fast connection it usually streams ok but their site front end and database are on a totally inadequate server.

Maybe they need a lesson on streaming services from amazon. The prices they are charging is just ridiculous for these kind of problems.

Oh just because I am ranting I originally signed up and logged in on firefox and everything was working until until I try to use the manage account drop down to the add a subscription. On firefox these dropdown buttons weren't working, I'd click and it wouldn't respond so I had to go over to IE and login, then add my subscription. Which I used IE to watch the first half no problem.

So now after their server is not under load I go back and use Firfox to test this problem and these dropdowns for managing account are now working on firefox. These type of things should be tested ad nauseum while the site is under load not just in the morning. Like I said I had these same problems last year when the site is under load.

Specifically the lost password last year never sent anything while the game was on.

I agree it needs work. It was ok but froze a few times tonight. What I hate most is when you hit the refresh button it signs you out.

finally got the video...about 2 minutes into game...then it was good through the end

BTW ... the site works good using Chrome ... worth a shot if your having problems.

Also, to refresh the page without logging out. Just go over to where the "Live Events" are listed and click the program you are watching (the same one you clicked to watch video) and this will refresh the screen. The list of events is actually called "refresh list" if you look at the bottom.

Hope that helps.

It always is bogged down never works from a login perspective. I was logged in and watching the game then it locked up and when I refresh the browser their site can never remember me being logged in.

So I go to login and their server is so overwhewlmed i get nothing but errors trying to log back in.
This has happened so many times in the past. It says wrong username and password when i use the same login details i used earlier. This exact same thing has happened in the past.

So just to try anything I go to lost user name and password and it tells me I don't exist even though my account was charged and I have a receipt in my email account from earlier tonight. It is such a mickey mouse site I can't stand it.

I know what username and password it was as I setup a new account tonight as their lost password form in the past never works so just to be fast tonight i created a new account. It worked fine until i needed to log back in. This isn't some free ho hum site either. Its just pathetic if you ask me.

I'm a web professional and these guys actually sell this crap all over the country, User doesn't exist blah blah. Damn I am so mad I'm sure i'm not alone. As this exact lost password crap happened to me last year.

It froze on me once and then I had the usual problem logging back in. I finally got in.

I won't subscribe again once my subscription lapses, as it will soon. It used to work just fine but I have too many problems. Also, since I get espn3 for free from my cable company, it no longer is worth the cost and aggravation to buy Oraneg All Access.

The quality has been questionable in the past but last night I found the quality to be better than what I have seen on ESPN3. I had no trouble logging in (first half and then again in the 2nd half).

The quality has been questionable in the past but last night I found the quality to be better than what I have seen on ESPN3. I had no trouble logging in (first half and then again in the 2nd half).

I guess it varies. I never have had any problems whatsoever with espn3

The streaming capability is not typically the problem with that site. It is only the login issue, if you get bounced out at the wrong time the site can't handle a "keep me logged in request" and when it is overloaded you can't login. It says your usernames and passwords don't match or you don't exist. When in reality the site is just bogged down.

ESPN 3 has usually worked for me in the past with no problems except basically if you have dish network, (cancelling this week) you can't watch anything. Dish dropped SNY and doesn't have Time Warner of course then when you go to watch ESPN 3 local stuff is blacked out between football and basketball I'm in a bad place.

My girlfriend let DirecTV tell her they couldn't install the dish due to a tree and then let dishnet install one. This was before we moved in together of course. I guess I need a new girlfriend.

Every ten minutes it locked up I prob missed half the game becuase of it. And the picture quality sucks. Better then seeing nothing at all I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom