Men's Soccer - Substitution rules changes approved for DI men’s soccer | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer Substitution rules changes approved for DI men’s soccer

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel on Thursday approved substitution rules changes for Division I men's competition, effective for the 2024 season.

NCAA Men's and Women's Soccer Rules Committee members recommended that no reentry be allowed in either half once a player leaves the game via substitution in Division I men's soccer. Additionally, teams will have six moments at which they can make substitutions in a game, and substitutions can occur during any stoppage of play. Teams will be awarded an additional moment to make substitutions in overtime.

The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel on Thursday approved substitution rules changes for Division I men's competition, effective for the 2024 season.

NCAA Men's and Women's Soccer Rules Committee members recommended that no reentry be allowed in either half once a player leaves the game via substitution in Division I men's soccer. Additionally, teams will have six moments at which they can make substitutions in a game, and substitutions can occur during any stoppage of play. Teams will be awarded an additional moment to make substitutions in overtime.
Well that announcement is as clear as mud. Has the rule been changed to now have sudden victory (i.e., a golden goal winner) if overtime is to be played or was that merely a proposal that was not accepted?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom