Sudden recruiting uptick... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Sudden recruiting uptick...

Think of it as the Syracuse University Nats 2.0. You’ll sleep a lot better.

As for NIL, on net it can only help us. Without bag$, the recruitung disadvantages were too much to overcome in JB’s final years.
Yeah, if we can compete financially. Can we? I'm concerned we will get outspent more times than not.

But the next sentence is just as true. No one would buy SU gear or really care, without the greats. It is a symbiotic relationship.
But the symbiosis (mutual benefit) is in the education-FB/scholarship bargain, not the relative value of their IP. I love our guys. They have talent, they work hard. But of course the reason we follow them is because they play for SU. If they're on their own (or play for another team) .. we wouldn't care. The team brand IS the value.

Last edited:
I think our donors will step up. We have a lot of successful professionals and executives sprinkled along the seaboard.
That's great to hear. I would think there would be enough money, but wasn't sure if those who have it are willing to spend it. I know it's sad, but I'll be less bothered with NIL if we can at least compete in this new world of recruiting.

That's great to hear. I would think there would be enough money, but wasn't sure if those who have it are willing to spend it. I know it's sad, but I'll be less bothered with NIL if we can at least compete in this new world of recruiting.
Having the largest fan base in the country should translate into more donors, mathematically speaking. But it all comes down to who is willing to spend.

As in football need to spend money on portal players as they are solid once you land them.

The real sad thing about this to me is that once you let things go like this, you don't reign them back in. Yes, there can be regulations I guess, but the train has left the station and ain't coming back. I use the word sad because we can all see how this will turn many college fans off eventually and away from the sport. I used to like following recruiting. It all seems pointless now.

Flying a 17 yr old kid in on a private jet with rappers (FOR A COLLEGE TEAM) just doesn't sit right with me. Makes me want to vomit. The whole thing is gross. I was thinking about some of the guys on our current roster who aren't getting paid or treated like this and they see what's happening. I was also thinking about students watching the game and attending the university. Just doesn't sit right.
Students don’t care, the only people who actually care about how private individuals choose to spend their money is old farts who “just want the good ole days back.” The good ole days of exploiting 18-21 year old players for 3-4 years while claiming that free tuition is payment enough on its own to support these players who generate millions for the university. (Completely ignoring the fact that top flight academics also get that free-tuition treatment and yet they don’t generate a single $ for the school.)

How anyone doesn’t like this I don’t get.
We need talent. The fact fans are stepping up is awesome.
The school is going to profit so this a win-win. Just need to spend money on the right players.

Students don’t care, the only people who actually care about how private individuals choose to spend their money is old farts who “just want the good ole days back.” The good ole days of exploiting 18-21 year old players for 3-4 years while claiming that free tuition is payment enough on its own to support these players who generate millions for the university. (Completely ignoring the fact that top flight academics also get that free-tuition treatment and yet they don’t generate a single $ for the school.)
Not sure I agree with all of that but whatever. This is now where we are with recruiting. Embrace it or get left behind.

Think of it as the Syracuse University Nats 2.0. You’ll sleep a lot better.

As for NIL, on net it can only help us. Without bag$, the recruitung disadvantages were too much to overcome in JB’s final years.
Relying on on mega rich dude who’s friends with the current head coach is not only unfair but may be unreasonable/unsustainable.

I do believe Adam has gone to love the university, but rich guys don’t get rich with little/none ROI.

I appreciate what Adam is doing, I have changed my opinion of him and think he is a great man (not because of what he does for the program), we’re lucky to have him in upstate NY.

As in football need to spend money on portal players as they are solid once you land them.
Not to mention more physically developed with more game tape to evaluate.

This has absolutely zero to do with the coaching staff and everything to do with Adam and Adam being super strategic about bringing Melo into the fold. They are and will be an unstoppable combo as everyone can see. Brilliant move on his part
Super strategic, very much so. Adam has a plan for the next SU National Championship, and keeping SU as one of the top of college basketball teams every year. Adam is a very bright, charitable, humble, honest person. He is able to keep up with the deep pockets of the country and drive up to the ACC country club in style.

The plan is about respect. Carefully select the best players coming up in the eighth grade, and each cycle, which he has already begun to do. To accomplish this, fly them in, per Elijah on the nicest private jet, in Adams case, it’s Adam's own Gulfstream, with rappers, or whoever the recruit likes, on the plane with him and at the game.

Watch the game and more. More is something I won’t identify but it is very on the up and up and respectful of the recruit. Get the recruit home the same night.

Adams millions come from a lot of hard work in scrap metal, doing business with two phones, texting with one while talking on the other, and a smart fashion model 20 years his junior, and the woman he eventually married. She is now working with him in the scrap metal business and raising with Adam their three children.

A philanthropist and entrepeneur, Adam gave a collection worth $10 million dollars of Early American Stoneware to The State Museum in Albany. He donates money to charities, buys and develops local to Skaneateles restaurants, the town where he and his family live.

With a net worth of $1.5 billion and a monthly income of $5 million, his drive from his home to SU, to the ACC country club in his Rolls Royce Ghost, or one of the other cars in his collection will be well worth it.

For SU to have this man of integrity, learned the hard way through the years, on their bench or as close to JB as he can get, the 5’8” genius is a gold, or better yet platinum mine, which will begin to pay dividends in basketball wins and for him further personal gratification now and in the future. Adam can't give enough according to him. With each donation and each NIL success getting current and future star male and female basketball players to play and stay at SU will be very significant for him and SU. And for Adam, football is right around the corner. (edit 1/29/23, 215 P.M.)

Last edited:
Super strategic, very much so. Adam has a plan for the next SU National Championship, and keeping SU as one of the top of college basketball teams every year. Adam is a very bright, charitable, logical, honest person. He is able to keep up with the deep pockets of the country and drive up to the ACC country club in style.

The plan is about respect. Carefully select the best players coming up in the eighth grade, and each cycle, which he has already begun to do. To accomplish this, fly them in, per Elijah on the nicest private jet in Adams case, it’s your own Gulfstream, with rappers, or whoever the recruit likes, will be on the plane with him and at the game.

Watch the game and more. More is something I won’t identify but it is very on the up and up and respectful of the recruit. Get the recruit home the same night.

Adams millions come from a lot of hard work in scrap metal doing business with two phones, texting with one while talking on the other, and a smart, a fashion model 20 years his junior, and the woman he eventually married. She is now working with him in the scrap metal business and raising with Adam their three children.

A philanthropist, Adam gave a collection worth $10 million dollars of Early American Stoneware to The State Museum in Albany. He donates money to charities buys and develops local to Skaneateles restaurants, the town where he and his family live.

With a net worth of $1.5 billion and a monthly income of $5 million, his drive from his home to SU, to the ACC country club in his Rolls Royce Ghost, or one of the other cars in his collection will be well worth it. For SU to have this man on their bench or as close to JB as he can get the 5’8” genius is a gold, or better yet platinum mine which will begin to pay dividends in basketball wins and for him and personal gratification now and in the future.
It makes me feel so much better to think (hope) he has integrity. Integrity is the key to everything good.

It makes me feel so much better to think (hope) he has integrity. Integrity is the key to everything good.
Beadle,
IF you Google Adam Weitsman you will arrive at a Wikipedia bio. Please read it all and see if you think he has integrity. :) But, this article is even more important.