Sullinger 3 for 12 | Syracusefan.com

Sullinger 3 for 12

SWC75

Bored Historian
...going up against a 7 footer.

Sigh...:(

If the zone is so easy to get 3 pointers against, how come Sullinger couldn't miss a few against us?

Wound up 5 for 19 and Withey had 7 blocks. Sully was 5 for 9- and 9 of 12 from the line vs. SU. He was 3 for 4 from the line in this game. Kansas got called for 15 fouls, (we got called for 29) and Ohio State went to the line 15 times in this game, (instead of 42).

Everytime this year Sullinger goes up against a defender significantly taller than himself he has a so-so game...he never goes off. W/ Fab he would have been neutralized. Nice post Steve.

Fab is good at drawing charges and would have made Sullingers midrange game very very rough.

Everytime this year Sullinger goes up against a defender significantly taller than himself he has a so-so game...he never goes off. W/ Fab he would have been neutralized. Nice post Steve.

What will he do vs NBA size then? This will sound nuts but if I'm an NBA GM, I draft Fab before Sullinger.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

What will he do vs NBA size then? This will sound nuts but if I'm an NBA GM, I draft Fab before Sullinger.

Isn't that a no brainer? A guy like Coleman can shut down Sullinger, today. Coleman will be our Sullinger, but with a team who can carry him past the guys who can defend him.

Fab Melo had a lot of talent you can't teach that Sullinger doesn't have. Today, Sullinger is the more valuable player (especially considering the suspension... Is it too soon?), but Melo is clearly the superior NBA talent.

Coleman is sort of fat, not 7 feet, and can't jump either... Sullinger would own him on experience alone, and skill on top of that... fab on the other hand, yes I agree he would've been a serious obstacle and led to a lower shooting percentage

I think he'll struggle in the NBA. He will have to make offensive adjustments , he won't be able to score effectively in the paint against the size he'll face. His bread and butter is getting to the foul line and the guys he'll face will be able to defend him without fouling. But he has a nice 12 foot jumper and will have to use it more. But the key will be can he defend the athletic PF's in the league? I highly doubt it, because he plays below the rim. The heavyset guys in the NBA that play PF are way more athletic than him. I think a NBA team would be taking a big risk selecting him before twenty-five.

It doesn't sound nuts at all. I actually think Fab will become one of the better centers in the NBA, (as long as he doesn't have to go to class). If he'd come back next year, (huge 'if'), I think we would have seen his offensive game blossom the way his defense did this year. It could still happen in the pros nbut as he'll start out on the bench, it might take longer.

Wound up 5 for 19 and Withey had 7 blocks. Sully was 5 for 9- and 9 of 12 from the line vs. SU. He was 3 for 4 from the line in this game. Kansas got called for 15 fouls, (we got called for 29) and Ohio State went to the line 15 times in this game, (instead of 42).

That stat still boggles my little mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom