Summer 2015 TV Thread | Syracusefan.com

Summer 2015 TV Thread

CuseCPT

All Conference
So now that the big guns of spring are wrapped up, what is everyone watching? I am looking forward to Ballers on HBO. I just can't bring myself to watch True Detective. No interest in the genre.

True Detective seemed like an hour of dramatic staring but i'll still watch it assuming it gets better.

Ballers and The Brink were actually pretty good, I thought. HBO has a pretty solid Sunday line-up with that block of shows.

Just started Orange is the New Black Season 3 and am patiently waiting for Ruby Rose to show up.

I'll keep watching True Detective also, but don't have really high hopes. That episode was ok, I'm waiting to see if I can un-typecast Vince Vaughn in my mind. Watched Ballers and it was what I thought it was going to be, terrible acting and cheesy.

i'm anxiously watching to see who will win the prized time slot to replace the lovely lisa robertson on qvc. (that girl could sell sand in the sahara) i can see an epic battle brewing between amy strahan, sandra bennet, albany irvin and shawn killinger. and don't ever rule out david.

hqdefault.jpg

Wayward Pines on Fox has been solid so far.

True Detective made me sad inside. I'm marathoning a few spring shows, like Empire, while awaiting the Walking Dead spinoff, among others

The worst part about watching True Detective is constantly stopping the show so I can explain to my wife what the hell is going on. She's a bright woman, but he TV comprehension just isn't up to snuff.

Saw the first episode last night. I have the same feeling as most here. Not seeing it live up to half of the awesomeness the first season was. Really hoping to see Rachel McAdams naked though. Exactly what did she want to do sexually that the guy questioned? And what guy would question anything she wants to do?

Yeah I don't know what's up with the audio and that show, along with the weird way they twist stuff second to second. I've tried every audio setting on my surround sound and it's a pain. Last year I thought it was just McConaughey and his slow southern drawl, but nope. So I can see anyone needing explanation on a few things. Except for the drinking parts, now that needs no explanation to me. But dam, they're giving Boardwalk Empire a run for their money..

Ballers isn't Shakespeare but it is a hell of a lot of fun. It is exactly what I was expecting and I am not disappointed. Love that they are using real NFL teams also.

Yeah I don't know what's up with the audio and that show, along with the weird way they twist stuff second to second. I've tried every audio setting on my surround sound and it's a pain. Last year I thought it was just McConaughey and his slow southern drawl, but nope. So I can see anyone needing explanation on a few things. Except for the drinking parts, now that needs no explanation to me. But dam, they're giving Boardwalk Empire a run for their money..

Last year they were clearly promoting Jameson's. Wonder who their booze of choice will be this year.

Still loving Ballers. Watched The Brink at the recommendation of a friend. It was okay, but the asian hooker in the fishnets, wowza!

Been watching The Americans until Ray Donovan comes on later this month

I just started Mr. Robot (in the sense that I've got 10 minutes left of the pilot). It's very, very good. It's a USA Network show that is unlike anything else on TV. Basically, think a weird sort of mix between Fight Club, Social Network, and the first part of The Matrix when Neo is still Thomas Anderson.

Really interesting, and the whole time I'm basically trying to figure out if what's happening is real or imagined.

mr robot has been an interesting watch.

one episode left of making of the mob, which i thought did a good job of filling in my mob history from 20-40s, some facts i never knew outside of capone

been waiting for strike back for awhile too.

Idk if anyone watches Masterchef (lol I know ok) but the show has really fallen off this year.