Sunday morning Lunardi | Syracusefan.com

Sunday morning Lunardi

kirbivore

2019 Cali Award (Passing Yards)
has SU as a 3 seed opening up in Auburn Hills in the West region, with chalk matchups vs. Iona, UNLV, Ohio St., and Gonzaga. SU is 10 on his S-curve. He's got Michigan down to a 4 seed and shipped out to SLC. I still think the NCAA will put MSU and Mich. in Auburn Hills no matter where they rank on the real S curve.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

has SU as a 3 seed opening up in Auburn Hills in the West region, with chalk matchups vs. Iona, UNLV, Ohio St., and Gonzaga. SU is 10 on his S-curve. He's got Michigan down to a 4 seed and shipped out to SLC. I still think the NCAA will put MSU and Mich. in Auburn Hills no matter where they rank on the real S curve.

Love it! Give us a rematch with OSU any day of the week and if Gonzaga makes it to the Elite 8 I like our chances.

Don't want to see tOSU. Imagining Craft on MCW makes me queasy.

I like draw but i'm not sure i want to see ohio state. aaron Craft may give MCW headaches.
That's the only matchup on paper against OSU that scares me and MCW was dominating when they had the smaller Siva and Smith on him last night. Both those guys are superior defenders and MCW owned them.

i dont see us being placed in auburn hills as committee usually gives teams who play into championship round of tourney off til friday so i think were austin bound

This year is so strange. I think we can beat any team out there. I also think we can be beat by any team that is a 7 seed or better.

I'd take it. I wanna stay out of the East and Midwest. Gonzaga isn't scary. Anthony Bennett could give us trouble, but UNLV as a team isn't great.

I like draw but i'm not sure i want to see ohio state. aaron Craft may give MCW headaches.
Forget the word "may" !! Craft would be MCW's worst nightmare !!!

Craft is a short little midget. Siva and Smith arent exactly slouches and MCW destroyed them. It wasnt until they put that tall guy on him that he had issues. Id like to think MCW is up to the challenge against Craft, especially after how hes played recently minus the teamwide raping and ensuing meltdown. Plus I really want another shot at OSU.

Depends on how they call it. Craft had the help of the worse refs I've ever seen last year. MCW will blow by that kid, Craft will reach - just depends on how they call it.

Ohio st may be the only team in the country I legitimately dont want to see.

Ohio st may be the only team in the country I legitimately dont want to see.
Any particular reason? I just can't see them scoring enough to win, and that only have 1 legit offensive threat in Thomas. There's no Sullinger, so they don't go in the post as much and won't get nearly the amount of fouls they got called on us last year.

Craft could give MCW problems, but overall I don't think they'd be an awful matchup.

Excellent point Cicero. Get MCW rattled and the team bus careens out of control and off of the bridge to the Final 4. Story @ 6 o'clock news.

That's actually a pre-finals bracket. That was the bracket from Saturday night. Hasn't been updated yet today. More likely to be a 4 out west with the Zags and New Mexico on the 1 and 2 line. While being on the East coast would be better for fans to travel, I would rather be a 4 in this region.

Its not an updated bracket as of today.

Steve Austin is now eliminated and is on 14 line.

we could be anywhere.. some brackets have us out west in san jose and back in DC for the sweet 16.

Any particular reason? I just can't see them scoring enough to win, and that only have 1 legit offensive threat in Thomas. There's no Sullinger, so they don't go in the post as much and won't get nearly the amount of fouls they got called on us last year.

Craft could give MCW problems, but overall I don't think they'd be an awful matchup.

Deshaun Thomas is a zone killer a la Otto Porter.

Given Lunardi's track record, I wouldn't get too fired-up about hypothetical scenarios of who we might play.
Last year he correctly predicted 3/4 #3 and #4 seeds (as I suspect most of us could do at this point), but only 2/4 #5 seeds, 0/4 #6 seeds, and 1/4 #7 seeds. And that doesn't even take into account which bracket those seeds were in. The think one of the great things about the NCAA selection is the unpredictability.

One thing I notice about Lunardi. Fairly serious east coast and Philly bias. LaSalle is a decent team and I'd like to see them get in but I think they could lose three more games and Lunardi would still have them last four in.

Given Lunardi's track record, I wouldn't get too fired-up about hypothetical scenarios of who we might play.
Last year he correctly predicted 3/4 #3 and #4 seeds (as I suspect most of us could do at this point), but only 2/4 #5 seeds, 0/4 #6 seeds, and 1/4 #7 seeds. And that doesn't even take into account which bracket those seeds were in. The think one of the great things about the NCAA selection is the unpredictability.

Yeah it is tough to match up the seeds (a trained monkey could pick 34 of the 37 at large) with the Committee and I've found Lunardi is no better at it than your typical highly-trained monkey.

It usually gets uploaded a little bit later in the day. Lunardi is really really lazy. Jerry Palm has us currently at a 4 seed in the west. Lunardi will update his in a bit.

As much as I want to be in the East and be able to go to all the games, I'd be very happy with Zaga and NM as our 1 and 2