Sunday night television | Syracusefan.com

Sunday night television

moqui

generational talent
Watching Ray Donovan and Breaking Bad back-to-back is like going 15 rounds with the heavyweight champion.

I have been on Breaking Bad since Season 1, Episode 1 and was calling it the best show ever before Season 2 was half over

but I have to tell you . . . for one season, Ray Donovan is every single bit it's equal.

When exactly was it that Sunday night became THE night for the best shows on TV?

The Wire, Mad Men, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, even shows that have not quite lived up to earlier episodes/seasons like Homeland, Dexter and Walking Dead...they all land on Sunday. It's a little peculiar to me that Sunday has slowly and fairly quietly become THE best night of television. Heck, even throw stuff like The Simpsons on there, even though the show has not been nearly as good in the past several years.

When exactly was it that Sunday night became THE night for the best shows on TV?

The Wire, Mad Men, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, even shows that have not quite lived up to earlier episodes/seasons like Homeland, Dexter and Walking Dead...they all land on Sunday. It's a little peculiar to me that Sunday has slowly and fairly quietly become THE best night of television. Heck, even throw stuff like The Simpsons on there, even though the show has not been nearly as good in the past several years.
and in comedy, too: the Larry Sanders Show, the network run of Arrested Development, Extras, Flight of the Conchords, etc.

on that note, I am eagerly awaiting Steven Merchant's "Hello Ladies," which premieres on HBO the night that Br Ba ends.

I love Sunday night TV. I was always a HBO guy, Sopranos and Entourage but I remember being in diapers and Ed Sullivan was always on Sunday night as was the Wonderful World of Disney. And of course, 60 minutes always got good ratings as well.

In fact, some of you remember 1968 when Heidi preempted the Wonderful World of Disney that Sunday night. I was nine years old and I was watching. My memory is a little foggy but I want to believe I was more a Joe Namath fan than a Heidi fan, but i was definitely watching when they flipped the switch at 7 pm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi_Game

Agreed on Sunday night TV. Excellent choices.

On a similar note, anyone into Strike Back on Cinemax? I really enjoy that show.

Winter is coming.

I love Sunday night TV. I was always a HBO guy, Sopranos and Entourage but I remember being in diapers and Ed Sullivan was always on Sunday night as was the Wonderful World of Disney. And of course, 60 minutes always got good ratings as well.

In fact, some of you remember 1968 when Heidi preempted the Wonderful World of Disney that Sunday night. I was nine years old and I was watching. My memory is a little foggy but I want to believe I was more a Joe Namath fan than a Heidi fan, but i was definitely watching when they flipped the switch at 7 pm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi_Game

Bonanza. Don't forget Bonanza.

As long it isn't Low Winter Sun, I'm cool with it.
Is that show really that bad? I haven't watched an episode because there really isn't any down time between the 2 shows to absorb what I just saw on BB and then jump right into another intense drama. I was thinking about giving it go sometime after the end of BB via on-demand.

I admit, I had some built up resentment from feeling "forced" to watch it to see previews of Breaking Bad. If the show was good, though, I would have gotten over it. I found it really, really boring, despite some very good actors. It's like a really, really good fake watch. On the surface it looks the part, but for reasons you can't quite explain, there's just something off about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom