Superstitions | Syracusefan.com

Superstitions

anomander

Living Legend
anyone have any superstitions going? I have gone my whole life without having any, but for some reason I get anxiety with just the thought of shaving my beard. I get that me not shaving shouldn't effect if we win today, but what if I shave and the unthinkable happens? I haven't shaved since the start of the BET.

Have worn the same Kris Joseph jersey shirt every tournament game and have not washed it. I know, gross.

I wore it for PITT in the BET and didn't wear it again that week. Thought of wearing it for Montana and it has been good luck ever since.

I'm gonna wear a Marquette hat today:

Not!!!!!

64570d1337452356-poor-4runner-warning-graphic-content-borat-not-jb.jpg

I've got a tourney beard going as well. I always have some facial hair but I haven't trimmed it since the tourney started. Looking a bit haggard at this point but I'm with you on the "what if I do and we lose?" thought process.

Since the Montana game, I've had a glass of milk and a Cadbury egg each game. Don't really want any more but not gonna switch. Also the same shirt each game (not washed, of course).

I've got a tourney beard going as well. I always have some facial hair but I haven't trimmed it since the tourney started. Looking a bit haggard at this point but I'm with you on the "what if I do and we lose?" thought process.

Also got the tourney beard going, or what I am able to pass for a beard. It started by me being lazy then I thought what if I kept this going like they do in hockey? No way I shave now...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

In really big games I bet against my favorite team...if we in its like trading a victory for some cash and the loss doesnt hurt as much after you get that money handed to you. So, im puttinga couple units on the Marquette mline today and I will be ecstatic when I lose.

Yes I know its a strange logic lol

for every game this tourney i drank only before the game not during.. will not be changing that.. but i am good and roasted already anyways

In really big games I bet against my favorite team...if we in its like trading a victory for some cash and the loss doesnt hurt as much after you get that money handed to you. So, im puttinga couple units on the Marquette mline today and I will be ecstatic when I lose.

Yes I know its a strange logic lol
But what if Marquette just gets the cover? You are screwed 2 ways.

Since the Montana game, I've had a glass of milk and a Cadbury egg each game. Don't really want any more but not gonna switch. Also the same shirt each game (not washed, of course).
That's slightly disgusting...

"We Want Tacos" t-shirt that I got the day before this tourney started.

Every game that I've watched other than at my home we've lost. Girlfriend dragged me to her fathers house for the Louisville game in the BET and sure enough we lost. I was adamant before hand that we needed to stay home or it wasn't going to go well. Today she asked me if we wanted to go to her dads for the game and I absolutely refused. She thinks I'm crazy. I don't care what she thinks. I will be sitting on the lucky couch for tip off.

Also, every day of the tourney Ive had Tee like at least one of my posts. That trend appears to be continuing well.

I have been wishing two forum members good luck consistently since this tourney started.
I have also been going "like crazy" lately, for superstition, I can't stop right now, but also, for positive energy.

That's slightly disgusting...
Really? Ha. It's the only candy I eat all year but imo there's nothing more glorious than a Cadbury egg. Given the late timing of the mt game and some presentations I had in the morning, I didn't want to drink so that's what I had. But since then I've been stuck.

Also, every day of the tourney Ive had Tee like at least one of my posts. That trend appears to be continuing well.
Whoa, we posted about "likes" right around the same time. That is a really good sign.

I'm not superstitious, but for some reason I hadn't bought Yuengling Black & Tans (which I really enjoy) for the games this week. While sipping my first one I thought it'd been a long time since I last bought one.

Then I remembered that the last time that I bought them to watch a game the US beat Algeria in the World Cup.

Thank goodness I have a few left over for today.

Whoa, we posted about "likes" right around the same time. That is a really good sign.

Hey I'm not stingy either. What's better is at the same time Ive got the Montana replay going and CJ drained a 3.

A few more superstitions...Game time, I do not log in much, but lurk a little bit, yap a couple of posts around halftime, and I'm pretty sure the following word is relevant, needed:
Booyakasha

booyakasha.jpg

I hate going out to anyplace!!! I just wanna lay out on the couch and not move. The wife wants to go out and have wings and beers. Ether way I will have calibrate sex or angry sex!!

I am wearing the same heavy orange/blue sweater I wore to the Montana, Cal and IU games. It Is a lot warmer in DC today than it was for any of those games, but I will make the sacrifice.
We'll all be watching for you during the telecast now Joyce! It's gotten to be like "Find Waldo"! A little added fun to watching the game and serves as a reprieve from extreme game time anxiety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseAlum07

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom