Superstorm 2012 | Syracusefan.com

Superstorm 2012

Pretty unsettling stuff. I don't think people should rebuild close to the ocean any more.

Pretty unsettling stuff. I don't think people should rebuild close to the ocean any more.
...and some have said that drinking Jack and Coke isnt good for you...how do you hear the whoosh of water if you do not live near the ocean...there are only so many small fountains to purchase...unlike bourbon.

I was at a Geological Society of America meeting last week and bought a bumper sticker that reads, "God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain."

People should be able to build as close to the ocean as they want, they just shouldn't look to government sources to bail them out if they get washed out with no insurance to cover their losses.

I would consider myself a bit of a weather hobbyist when I can and its scary how easily this storm formed. The conditions were definitely a combination of unlikely coincidences, but not nearly as much as they made it out to be. Its very feasible that years coming could see October/November as times where tropical systems could move up the coastline and follow a similar path which is very scary. Each year Oct/Nov has had a warmer pattern allowing for tropical systems to develop later in the year. I really hope it doesn't happen again but its more likely than not to repeat. Irene was just a taste of a new trend in hurrican paths that mimic nor'easter paths. I wish all who were affected the best. In addition - if you know anyone who needs to speak to someone regarding a matter with their mortgage co/investor PM me as I used to work for Freddie ( just changed recently) and have contacts that may be able to help.

People should be able to build as close to the ocean as they want, they just shouldn't look to government sources to bail them out if they get washed out with no insurance to cover their losses.
This is a big issue on the Great Lakes. Basically, that is the way it should be on all floodplains. No insurance, no bailout; live there at your own risk. It is not a question of IF you will get flooded out, just a matter of WHEN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom