Surprised Nobdody Mentioned... | Syracusefan.com

Surprised Nobdody Mentioned...

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
The ESPN crew said that Gross said that Marrone isn't going anywhere in the foreseeable future.

Which is probably true, but if it wasn't and Gross has been making a list he would never tell ESPN that, especially half way into the season.

Gross will always back DM 100% until the day he lets him go (if that day ever comes). He really has no choice but to.

Dr. Gross was in the booth during the 2004 Champ Sports Bowl with Tirico, Herbstreit, and Corso and said Coach P wasn't going anywhere. What happened next Ga. Tech 51 Syracuse 14 and Coach P was gone. While I don't think Marrone is going anywhere unless we win less than 5 games Dr. Gross has yet to give Doug Marrone an extension beyond next year. Until Marrone gets said extension then his job is not safe IMO. Marrone can not remain the coach after this year unless he is given an extension to be able to go out and try to recruit players.

Dr. Gross was in the booth during the 2004 Champ Sports Bowl with Tirico, Herbstreit, and Corso and said Coach P wasn't going anywhere. What happened next Ga. Tech 51 Syracuse 14 and Coach P was gone. While I don't think Marrone is going anywhere unless we win less than 5 games Dr. Gross has yet to give Doug Marrone an extension beyond next year. Until Marrone gets said extension then his job is not safe IMO. Marrone can not remain the coach after this year unless he is given an extension to be able to go out and try to recruit players.
My understanding on that is DG's bosses compelled that firing after the bowl debacle and DG fell on his sword and took the media hit over it.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

there was a little more detail in the conversation with Gross that to me was a clear sign he's not blowing smoke. He also said he likes the direction of the program and something to the effect that he believes he as the right people in place and when you feel this way you don't get impatient and pull plug and start all over. He's going to give these guys time because he likes what he sees.

he said a heck of a lot more in detail than he needed to say if he was just blowing smoke.

What would've been interesting was if they raised the contract extension question.

I'd like to see Marrone get an extension too, along with that Shafer guy.

I'd like to see Marrone get an extension too, along with that Shafer guy.

Really love Shafer. He's brought the most exciting defense I can ever remember Syracuse playing. I fear losing him more than anybody. SU should throw HC type money at him as he deserves it more than anyone. They are essentially saving a Mil a year (give or take) by having Marrone as a cheap HC. Shafer should have the opportunity to make a Million a year if his defense performs. It would show a great commitment to defense and success which will be needed going forward in this new age of high stakes, high performance football.

Gross knows the internals, he's not changing coaches.

...you must be really pissed?
Not at all! SU won last night! But, things have a way of changing. Always remember, as the sales manager said to his top salesperson: "Yeah, last year was great. But, what have you done for me lately?"

Really love Shafer. He's brought the most exciting defense I can ever remember Syracuse playing. I fear losing him more than anybody. SU should throw HC type money at him as he deserves it more than anyone. They are essentially saving a Mil a year (give or take) by having Marrone as a cheap HC. Shafer should have the opportunity to make a Million a year if his defense performs. It would show a great commitment to defense and success which will be needed going forward in this new age of high stakes, high performance football.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Shafer get an HC offer from a good school this or next off season.

Doug is not going anywhere... Extension coming soon. Apparently some believe in staying the course

Unlike you who called for Marrone's head every other day last year. Your posts make me smile.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Unlike you who called for Marrone's head every other day last year. Your posts make me smile.

Such little acumen... Your stuck in the eighties bees

Three of 4 losses by 8 pts or less, most (if not all) of that self-inflicted. This program isn't that far away from making positive noise again.

Such little acumen... Your stuck in the eighties bees

Lol. You hate the fact you were the biggest anti-Marrone poster last season other than Tristan.

I'd rather have a guy admit that he was wrong than to go on harping foolishness just to avoid saying he was wrong.

Like to see a mini winning streak, then Gross can announce the extension and everyone will feel it was earned.

Gross knows the internals, he's not changing coaches.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a change of one staff member to allow a ST's guru to come on board.

I'd rather have a guy admit that he was wrong than to go on harping foolishness just to avoid saying he was wrong.

I'd rather have a guy admit they were wrong than beat up everyone, and generalize the board as a whole about something, when someone says even one thing that he said himself 100x before.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a change of one staff member to allow a ST's guru to come on board.

I like the way the specials are playing or let me say improving. I want a monster recruiting guy and I couldn't care less if he plays X- box during the games.

I'd rather have a guy admit they were wrong than beat up everyone, and generalize the board as a whole about something, when someone says even one thing that he said himself 100x before.

True but I think IC is starting to come around to the right kind of thinking. ;) I admit I do not like the group think posts by anyone because I've seen a lot of differing opinions on about every subject on this board.

Anselmo retire?

You have Doug and Rob Moore for NYC / LI / Nortth Jersey

I want a specials guy with deep NJ / FLA ties ... lets steal Rutgers guy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors