SUs 2008 win over Notre Dame considered 48th worst loss in Irish history | Syracusefan.com

SUs 2008 win over Notre Dame considered 48th worst loss in Irish history

The 2003 SU Win over ND is on the list too at #70!

I was there and I hit the over! Good times.

gatsby-leo-051113.gif

sutomcat said:
This is an insult to GRob and the remarkable achievements during his time at Syracuse. It is hard to be 100% objective, but that game has to be the worst loss for any school in any sport in the last 500 years.

SU's loss to Rutgers in '99 was worse.

Wayyyyy worse.

:(

Best win of the Robinson tenure or the Louisville win? So few to pick from but still just figured I'd ask.

This is an insult to GRob and the remarkable achievements during his time at Syracuse. It is hard to be 100% objective, but that game has to be the worst loss for any school in any sport in the last 500 years.

I totally agree about the worst loss for any program in the last 500 years...which means that they can't even get this list right.

So...they can't make lists and they can't develop 5 Star DE's into NFL prospects to help their "brand".

Way to go ND.

Speaking of this game I have been trying for years to watch this game for a second time but can't find it anywhere. It seems like ND had it scrubbed from existence. Even some highlights would be nice.

SU's loss to Rutgers in '99 was worse.

Wayyyyy worse.

:(

Agree. 1999 Rutgers loses to 1999 Don Bosco by 2 TDs.

As depressing as it was for them, at least ND can say they were destroyed by a future NFL DT.

Speaking of this game I have been trying for years to watch this game for a second time but can't find it anywhere. It seems like ND had it scrubbed from existence. Even some highlights would be nice.

I bet it was hard to capture on camera with all the falling snow. Those flakes were the size of softballs. Because that's what they were. I just remember after the game, basically running to the aisle, snowballs everywhere.

Best win of the Robinson tenure or the Louisville win? So few to pick from but still just figured I'd ask.

Best win from the Robinson tenure was the Marrone hire.

See? Like Millhouse, I can go both ways.

Best win from the Robinson tenure was the Marrone hire.

See? Like Millhouse, I can go both ways.
grob is far enough back in time where we can dig up old stats and laugh about them without fighting any urge to cry

cameron dantley completed 48% of his passes in 2008. but that's ok because he had 5.2 yards per attempt!

mindbogglingly bad and we still thought well it's better than andrew robinson

grob is far enough back in time where we can dig up old stats and laugh about them without fighting any urge to cry

cameron dantley completed 48% of his passes in 2008. but that's ok because he had 5.2 yards per attempt!

Something happened in that offseason though, I remember there being some conversation about a shoulder injury or something. ARob's arm strength went from questionable in 1997 when he was tossing underthrown ducks to Mike Williams and Taj Smith, to nonexistent in that 1st game of 2008 when he couldn't reach Donte Davis on a sideline out pattern that was 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. Didn't take Marrone long to move him to TE.

WR situation in 2008 wasn't quite 2005 bad, but pretty close after Mike Williams cheated on his final.

Not that Dantley was accurate anyway.

Man those were fun times.

Something happened in that offseason though, I remember there being some conversation about a shoulder injury or something. ARob's arm strength went from questionable in 1997 when he was tossing underthrown ducks to Mike Williams and Taj Smith, to nonexistent in that 1st game of 2008 when he couldn't reach Donte Davis on a sideline out pattern that was 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. Didn't take Marrone long to move him to TE.

WR situation in 2008 wasn't quite 2005 bad, but pretty close after Mike Williams cheated on his final.

Not that Dantley was accurate anyway.

Man those were fun times.

You think ARob getting sacked a school record 54 times in 2007 had something to do with it?

Yeah, I recall feeling that Cam was a pretty decent QB.

I recall him coming in against Pitt - at Pitt - and almost winning the game with his arm - last drive ending inside the Pitt 20?.

I was genuinely surprised that Marrone pretty much dumped him in 2009.

Agree. 1999 Rutgers loses to 1999 Don Bosco by 2 TDs.

As depressing as it was for them, at least ND can say they were destroyed by a future NFL DT.

That loss at Rutgers was bizzare - dropped passes by wide open WRs - I think Jeff Lowe on a late drive inside Rutgers territory - and another missed - short - FG by Colin Barber who did that a few times at really bad moments - the missed PAT at Temple was another that comes to mind.

You think ARob getting sacked a school record 54 times in 2007 had something to do with it?

Could be, but his last game that season was his 2nd most productive one. He had a terrible arm to begin with, but in 2007 he had WRs who helped mask it. It was like 1994 Frank Costa at Miami, without the spirals.

I'll still never lose that vision of Taj Smith on the opening play at Louisville doing gymnastics routines to let people know how open he was. The ball barely got to him, and there was still never a defender within 10 yards of him. That's when Kragthorpe should have looked at his DB coach and said don't even use the locker room on your way out of the stadium.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom