SU's offseason to-do list | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU's offseason to-do list

i dont im going by what i was told.
This kind of stuff amazes me. Unless you see it for yourself then why say something definitively? If I had a dollar for every fallacy someone told me I would be rich, on the level of Warren Buffett. Use a little bit of that brain, and reason if you have not witnessed anything. Loeb would have at least taken snaps if he was more accurate than Nassib, whether just deep balls or all around more accurate. That no one other than Nassib took any snaps last year, even in the WVU game in the fourth quarter means Nassib is the only quarterback good enough to take snaps at this level, right now. Hunt could not grasp the playbook in time, Kinder is a project and a half, and Loeb seems to not have what it takes to play at this level. Plain and simple, if he was more accurate then he would have played.

Based on what agreed i have only seem he throw a few times but he looks good to me. Throws a great ball with some zip and his long ball seems to be on the mark. What i heard and someone else posted is that his release is slower than ice melting and that he has a hard time going through the progressions. Those are the reasons i think he doesnt see the field not because he isnt a good passer. As to Ryan he seems to be a streak guy who does better when he is moving. His deep ball is poor at best and he lacks touch but when he gets hot he is pretty dam good. I think the key with him is confidence and not always putting him in obvious passing situations. Sure would like to see us pass more on first down this year even if just a short toss and catch to build up his confidence. As to Charlie who knows

true but he is the most accurate passer and throws a really good deep ball

Not trying to be a , but "best pure passer" should include some measure of aptitude for running an offense and going through progressions. I'm not saying you're way off, but maybe just better stated as "he's got a good arm and good accuracy but struggles to actually run the offense and progress through reads." Otherwise the "best pure passer" is really a meaningless title.

I usually write long-winded responses to everything, but I think this is actually a pretty easy question to answer:

1) Take a legit step forward on the OL. It's the key to everything they are trying to do and they are running out of "just give us time" goodwill.

2) Figure out what they want the offense to be and/or install it (or what they actually want to run). Veteran QB, a decent number of returning lineman and WRs and what should be an adequate backfield. Have to simply run your offense and develop an identity. I think a lot of the criticism of Nassib is misguided in that there seems to be a free pass on the fact that this offense is best described as "MULTIPLE ... ways to run ineffectively and throw slants."