SU's Top 25 Sports Figures.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU's Top 25 Sports Figures..

Here's a sleeper who deserves to be on the list. 1971 World Series hero Dave Giusti. Appeared in 3 of the 4 Pirates WS wins that year, and was the NL Relief Pitcher of the Year.

Seriously. Why is he arbitrarily anneouncing the list?
Article says it was put together by the sports staff at syracuse.com (a committee thing, apparently).

So they are announcing the list one at a time in no particular order? is that the reason for the blank spots? I could find no explanation in the accompanying articles.

By the way, you don't have to keep clicking on the name and getting a new window for each one if you go right to You-Tube and sue this page:
Syracuse University top sports figures of all time - YouTube

Last edited:
and if you're gonna group the gaits then you could certainly group the powell brothers. lotta hardware there.
all three certainly considered and honored as the best in their sport during their careers here. and a few titles.

I know Coach Mac was 100x more charismatic, but Coach P had a better career at SU and should probably be on this list in some capacity.

I know Coach Mac was 100x more charismatic, but Coach P had a better career at SU and should probably be on this list in some capacity.
Mac took mediocrity to nearly great. Coach P sustained what Mac left him for about ten years. Then, :noidea:? That's the problem with placing him on the list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom