Swag Daddy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Swag Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve brought up his name a few times. Monroe is great. But so is West. I think sometimes people forget West coaches the DBs and Monroe the Safeties. Some lump the positions together and give all the credit to Monroe. In Wests 3 years here each season beginning starter has made an All ACC team. Iffy and Williams, Williams and Duce, Williams and Duce. And now some of the young guys are looking pretty good.
Amen. I have always thought it strange West doesn't get more love on this board. He has done an amazing job

Why do we believe this guy has any chops whatsoever?
Because he’s fighting a massive climb here and doing it well. You can make a valid claim that SU is the most difficult school in the ACC to recruit.

I just don't see how that happens, if the team has success Dino will be here for at least another 4-5 years. Beck will be gone to a bigger program as OC or as a HC somewhere, Swag promoted to DC in a couple years and possible still here.

If Dino fails they are ALL gone, IMO and certainly Coach Monroe. Nick has roots in the area now as well.
If Dino retires?

If Dino retires?
Purely speculation on my part but I would wager Dino has at least another 5 year contract in him. He seems healthy, he would if successful get an increase with an extension ensuring a comfortable retirement and family generational wealth moving forward. Hard to see him retiring anytime soon outside of a unknown or unanticipated health factor or something. He is a healthy looking 61.

Monroe is a monster on the recruiting trail and in the program. I think he’s in a great position to learn under Long and step up when Long moves on.
I think the program is trending up in a big way. Despite our portal losses we’re in good shape to have another winning season. The ACC division change is a huge help.
I don’t think Dino is going anywhere and will get extended

Status
Not open for further replies.