Sweet 16 people | Syracusefan.com

Sweet 16 people

Think of the years that we would've given our left gonad to get into the Sweet 16. All you haters should lick your runny noses and find another team to follow. And on the way, you might look up the word fan in the dictionary.

I liked our bracket from the get go. We brought our C game and made it to DC. If we lose to Indy, so be it. If we win we're final four bound. What more can we ask for?

Think of the years that we would've given our left gonad to get into the Sweet 16. All you haters should lick your runny noses and find another team to follow. And on the way, you might look up the word fan in the dictionary.
Are you still eligible to run for prez even though you live in Dubai?

And we play on Thursday. That's the icing on top for me considering I'm flying most of the day on Friday.

We played terrible. We won. Last I checked style points don't count on the scoreboard.

My question is, is everything from here on out gravy? I think we are roughly the 10-15th best team in the country so it'd be natural to lose in sweet sixteen BUT we have the talent to go to the Final Four..

After getting blown out by Georgetown, which was our 4th loss in 5 games, I would have given my left nut to be in the Sweet 16.

After getting blown out by Georgetown, which was our 4th loss in 5 games, I would have given my left nut to be in the Sweet 16.

We have a board full of Lance Armstrongs minus the douchiness and doped blood (except for Millhouse and a PBR'ed Marsh, respectively).

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

You know who's not in the Sweet 16?

Gonzaga.
Georgetown.
New Mexico.
Kansas State.
Wisconsin.
UConn (lol).

Survive and Advance. Nothing else matters.
You forgot one:

Pay Pal Cal and his Kentucky juggernaut.

So the round of 16 is JBs worst right? When he wins sweet 16, we go to final four, is that accurate?

You know who's not in the Sweet 16?

Gonzaga.
Georgetown.
New Mexico.
Kansas State.
Wisconsin.
UConn (lol).

Survive and Advance. Nothing else matters.

Any win in the tourney is a good win. After all, the goal is to beat your opponent six straight games. There are no style points.

But i take issue with the notion that making the sweet 16 should be a satisfying occurrence. Aside from Georgetown and a recently hobbled UCONN, we have nothing in common with those other programs, and frankly, they shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence (grouping).

SU fans want to tell the world we are so elite. Well, we goddamn should be - amazing, strong-traveling fan base; unbelievable practice facility; massive game arena; hall-of-fame coach; brand name; battle-tested conference; selector school for recruiting. Then don't make piddle-y excuses when the team doesnt play well, or equivocal statements about making the Sweet Sixteen.

The Sweet Sixteen is a nice bench mark. I'm glad SU is back for the fourth time in five years. But the players are better than Sweet Sixteen, the program is beyond Sweet Sixteen status, and I'm not going to get to jazzed up about beating a pair of teams that wouldnt have been top half of our conference.

I'm not going to kill the kids either. I am sure they know this wasnt an "A" performance. Let's see how they respond in the next round.

So the round of 16 is JBs worst right? When he wins sweet 16, we go to final four, is that accurate?
No, twice we went to the Elite Eight and were stopped. Like last year.

Wasnt pretty but who gives a rats arse.

Bring on the owls!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids looked bored. Cal was no match and they knew it.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Any win in the tourney is a good win. After all, the goal is to beat your opponent six straight games. There are no style points.

But i take issue with the notion that making the sweet 16 should be a satisfying occurrence. Aside from Georgetown and a recently hobbled UCONN, we have nothing in common with those other programs, and frankly, they shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence (grouping).

SU fans want to tell the world we are so elite. Well, we goddamn should be - amazing, strong-traveling fan base; unbelievable practice facility; massive game arena; hall-of-fame coach; brand name; battle-tested conference; selector school for recruiting. Then don't make piddle-y excuses when the team doesnt play well, or equivocal statements about making the Sweet Sixteen.

The Sweet Sixteen is a nice bench mark. I'm glad SU is back for the fourth time in five years. But the players are better than Sweet Sixteen, the program is beyond Sweet Sixteen status, and I'm not going to get to jazzed up about beating a pair of teams that wouldnt have been top half of our conference.

I'm not going to kill the kids either. I am sure they know this wasnt an "A" performance. Let's see how they respond in the next round.

I'm as big as SU fan as anyone, but its my opinion that is SU is on the elite bubble. We are the first tier of schools outside elite. Why? Take a look at that SU Nike Promo, the caption being, "its time for a 10 year reunion". Elite teams make a final four more than once a decade.

1996 (9 years)
2003 (7 years)
Maybe 2013??? (10 years??)

Elite:
UK
1975, 1978, 1984, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2011, 2012
Mich State
1979, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2005, 2009, 2010
Duke
1978, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2010
UNC
1972, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2009
KU
1974, 1986, 1988, 1991, 1993, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2012

I love JB and SU, but honestly without the orange glasses on, we are on the bubble of being a blue blood

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom