Sweet game for Dion tonight | Syracusefan.com

Sweet game for Dion tonight

I would just like to go on record for saying I HATE the NBA.

"The saddest words of tongue or pen
Are simply these: It might have been."

41 pct from field, 36 pct from 3 range. Percentages not great, but still an excellent game for Dion.

Heck of a lot better than he's been playing lately. As long as he keeps that assists number up, it's ok if his field goal percentage isn't where it should be IMO

Heck of a lot better than he's been playing lately. As long as he keeps that assists number up, it's ok if his field goal percentage isn't where it should be IMO

True. Get others involved, the job of a point. Kinda like Rondo does.

He is running the team better than Kyre. Kyre won't have a zero turnover game all year. Kyre is a shooting guard in a pg's body.

He's probably always going to hover around Iverson territory with field goal percentage...because he just isn't a natural born shooter... but, if he can be a 18/5/5 guy and play great defense, he will be a borderline all star for many years.

He is running the team better than Kyre. Kyre won't have a zero turnover game all year. Kyre is a shooting guard in a pg's body.

Alright, last night he played better, but this is a stretch.

Waiters has been struggling to get teammates involved all season. Kyrie is a far better scorer and a far more willing passer. Defense sucks, but nobody outside of Alonzo Gee really plays defense on that team anyways.

He's probably always going to hover around Iverson territory with field goal percentage...because he just isn't a natural born shooter... but, if he can be a 18/5/5 guy and play great defense, he will be a borderline all star for many years.

I actually think he can get his FG% up around the high 40's or even 50% if he just focuses more on getting to the rim instead of settling for long jumpers. Dwyane Wade isn't a good shooter either and he still shoots in the upper 40's usually because of this same reason. Waiters has to realize that his jumpshot is his weakness, not his strength.

I actually think he can get his FG% up around the high 40's or even 50% if he just focuses more on getting to the rim instead of settling for long jumpers. Dwyane Wade isn't a good shooter either and he still shoots in the upper 40's usually because of this same reason. Waiters has to realize that his jumpshot is his weakness, not his strength.

Waiters has to prove to me that he is willing to pass even when he has an open look. Sometimes a pass is better than taking a 20 footer with 18 seconds left on the shot clock. Guys who shoot every time they are open generally don't shoot a high percentage over an 82 game season. Watch Miami, Boston and OKC run their offense. They don't take every open shot just because they are open.

Dwayne Wade is a great finisher and has much more explosion than Waiters. Dion will need to shed some pounds and get up off the floor if he wants to play in that stratosphere.

Alright, last night he played better, but this is a stretch.

Waiters has been struggling to get teammates involved all season. Kyrie is a far better scorer and a far more willing passer. Defense sucks, but nobody outside of Alonzo Gee really plays defense on that team anyways.

He has struggled at the 2 guard. Kyrie is hurt and Dion is playing a lot more pg hence the assist numbers, also they only had 13 TOs with Dion having zero. Kyrie is a great scorer better than Dion imo but he is not the passer Dion is. This is not just my opinion a lot of Cleveland sports are saying the same thing. If Kyrie was 2-3 inches taller no one would consider him is a PG.

Waiters has to prove to me that he is willing to pass even when he has an open look. Sometimes a pass is better than taking a 20 footer with 18 seconds left on the shot clock. Guys who shoot every time they are open generally don't shoot a high percentage over an 82 game season. Watch Miami, Boston and OKC run their offense. They don't take every open shot just because they are open.

Dwayne Wade is a great finisher and has much more explosion than Waiters. Dion will need to shed some pounds and get up off the floor if he wants to play in that stratosphere.

Agreed. I'm just saying that he can shoot a high percentage if he learns not to settle. Another example is Rondo. He's shooting what? 52% from the field right now? Usually shoots in the upper 40s or over 50% from the field.

Waiters can do it. Just needs to come to the realization that he shouldn't be shooting jumpshots all the time. And he absolutely has to learn to play defense or rebound or pass the ball; he needs to bring something else to the floor for when he isn't able to score effectively.

Dion Loves Dwade (the reason why he wears #3) but he doesn't have Dwade's hops or speed and it is not a fitness thing its just he ain't Dwade. Dion moves the ball well and in the NBA if pass up open 20fters as a guard you won't be in the league long. You can't let the defense play 5 on 4.

Dion Loves Dwade (the reason why he wears #3) but he doesn't have Dwade's hops or speed and it is not a fitness thing its just he ain't Dwade. Dion moves the ball well and in the NBA if pass up open 20fters as a guard you won't be in the league long. You can't let the defense play 5 on 4.

There's actually a lot of guards in the NBA that would pass up open 20 footers; just not scorers that pass it up too often.

Agreed. I'm just saying that he can shoot a high percentage if he learns not to settle. Another example is Rondo. He's shooting what? 52% from the field right now? Usually shoots in the upper 40s or over 50% from the field.

Waiters can do it. Just needs to come to the realization that he shouldn't be shooting jumpshots all the time. And he absolutely has to learn to play defense or rebound or pass the ball; he needs to bring something else to the floor for when he isn't able to score effectively.

Rondo is unique. No one plays the game like him and it is not something that can be taught

There's actually a lot of guards in the NBA that would pass up open 20 footers; just not scorers that pass it up too often.

only Rondo...he is not Rondo

only Rondo...he is not Rondo

That flat out isn't true. Like I said, you just don't see scorers that pass up that shot very much, and that's what Waiters is.

That flat out isn't true. Like I said, you just don't see scorers that pass up that shot very much, and that's what Waiters is.

What pg's pass up open 20fters other than Rondo?

No he doesn't we're not talking 3s we are talking 20fters. You can't turn down 20fters in the NBA it losing bball

I think the good point guards run their offense and realize a long 2 is not an efficient offensive shot to take early in a shot clock, unless they are a great shooter. Just one man's opinion.

I think the good point guards run their offense and realize a long 2 is not an efficient offensive shot to take early in a shot clock, unless they are a great shooter. Just one man's opinion.

Good point guards are not given open 20fters so it doesn't matter. Unless you are Rondo...

Andre Miller and Eric Bledsoe off the top of my head. Jason Kidd also. I mean, everyone shoots them occasionally, but these three off the top of my head pass up a lot of open jumpshots.

Cavs and Dion are beating up on Lebron and Wade tonight. Step aside, a new King is being crowned. Don't worry Lebron, Dion will be doing this to everyone in the Eastern Conference before long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom