Sweet game for Dion tonight | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Sweet game for Dion tonight

How you define elite PG? Obviously it's not statical. LeBron (who should only be compared to Magic IMO) can play every position so using him to make a point regarding positions is not the best idea. But if you are saying Kyrie is a PG because he can only defind that position (which he doesn't do very well) than fine if you believe that he runs an offense like an Elite pg than you are not correct his numbers don't support it, he doesn't make players around him better, he does set other players up for easy buckets. That is not how he thinks, that not how he sees the game. He is not a point guard. He is a scorer, which is fine but to win a team needs a point guard and unless he is LBJ he needs to play guard.

Alright, well I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. If my PG is the only guy on the team that can really score and score efficiently, I don't have a problem with him doing that. I don't think it's ever a bad thing for your most efficient scorer to shoot the ball the most. Just because he's the only scorer on the team doesn't mean he also isn't the best ball-handler and passer, which he is.

There's a reason that Irving is one of the favorites to be a first time All Star this year. It certainly isn't his defense. And considering he's a PG and his defense is a liability, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's probably his ability to be a great offensive PG that gives him a good chance of making the All Star game.

The Cavs really aren't much better off or worse off without Irving, because he gives up as many points as he scores..if not more.

This is one of the most overlooked aspects of NBA basketball. When you are a turnstile on defense, it puts so much pressure on your bigs and kills your defensive rotations/game plan.

I think Dion has been very good for a rookie, but he was very lazy trying to get to Allen on that killer 3 ball last night. Lebron made the perfect pass and boom. Things happen so quick in this league.. Dion has to be more aggressive on that end. He carries himself like he doesn't need to bust it on defense. I really think he will get in top shape for next season, realizing how much of a grind 82 games is. He will not be a Jonny Flynn type flame out.

The Miami's offense put Dion in a tough spot.He has help responsibility on Lebron and then he has to close on Allen. Miami has been killing teams with that play all year, that said Dion did a very poor job of closing out on the play.

Alright, well I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. If my PG is the only guy on the team that can really score and score efficiently, I don't have a problem with him doing that. I don't think it's ever a bad thing for your most efficient scorer to shoot the ball the most. Just because he's the only scorer on the team doesn't mean he also isn't the best ball-handler and passer, which he is.

There's a reason that Irving is one of the favorites to be a first time All Star this year. It certainly isn't his defense. And considering he's a PG and his defense is a liability, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's probably his ability to be a great offensive PG that gives him a good chance of making the All Star game.

LOL! The all-star game is a popularity contest. Players have made it who were injured the entire first half of the season. He is being marketed heavily and that is why he might make it even though he is going to miss the next 4 weeks....Lets Go Orange!

LOL! The all-star game is a popularity contest. Players have made it who were injured the entire first half of the season. He is being marketed heavily and that is why he might make it even though he is going to miss the next 4 weeks....Lets Go Orange!

Only the starting lineups are determined by voting. The coaches choose the others I believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom