Sweetest Stroke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sweetest Stroke

25 posts deep in this thread, and I’m the first to mention GMAC. Wow.

And if he had stayed 4 years, a lot of us would remember the name Michael Brown.

How about the anti-sweet shot?

Stevie Thompson
Elvir Ovcina
Ron Patterson
Herm Harried (credit to Smilin'Bob)
Derrek Brower
Conrad McRae (although he the '93 game when he became Laettner might get him a pass)
Paul Harris.
Shaky Taters gets an honorable mention too.

How about the anti-sweet shot?

Stevie Thompson
Elvir Ovcina
Ron Patterson
Herm Harried (credit to Smilin'Bob)
Derrek Brower
Conrad McRae (although he the '93 game when he became Laettner might get him a pass)
Paul Harris.
Shaky Taters gets an honorable mention too.
Ovcina had a very good looking stroke. He doesn’t belong on your list.

His mechanics were actually pretty goofy, it's a minor miracle that he hit such a great percentage. This was one of a couple things that scouts flagged midway through his career.

Side spin on his release. I see it in my own shot, and think of Devo as it drifts off to the R, lol. But he did shoot at a pretty high clip

Something about Buddy's stroke often looks wrong to me. But, it's consistently that way, and the results are nice when he's not too rushed.

Hughes' is pretty, but i don't love the one foot/splayed leg thing. But, it's pretty.
White's was nice.
I remember Janulis as having a very fundamental form.
I can't even imagine/remember Moten's.
DNichols' was nice.
Shumpert's was pretty.
Southerland...

My only vivid, specific memory of one particular shot was Carmelo's first shot as an Orange/man. Against Memphis, at MSG. In the corner, he ball-faked the defender, who kinda spun around almost completely, and then Melo just shot it in his face as he was coming back to him. My first impression of Carmelo was, "Oh, $***! I think we have something here."

Rautins has the best form I’ve ever seen

Yeah, Rautins just had a nice quick release, and man could he get it off coming off a curl (as someone else mentioned)...always elevated the way you would want to see in a training video

Side spin on his release. I see it in my own shot, and think of Devo as it drifts off to the R, lol. But he did shoot at a pretty high clip

Yep, he wasn't my favorite player, but I can't argue with the results. He was awfully productive with that funky release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom