Swofford lost his tongue: Wait to be heard from shortly | Syracusefan.com

Swofford lost his tongue: Wait to be heard from shortly

arbitragegls

All Conference
According to source that I can vouch for...senior administrator at NCState, there will be something coming from Swofford very soon. Obviously the ACC cannot sit on their proverbial ass for much longer as the twitter world and media is running rough shod over the conference. Word is he is getting out from under his desk and preparing to speak. What he has to say should be of interest.

Did 'Cuse pay the BE yet dollars to leave?...KIDDING.

What will be the outcome should be fine with all of us insofar as going to the ACC...don't forget that less than 9 months ago Swofford was being called a genius. We were all happy to say good-by to the BE...now I am being told that the outcome is not finalized but that if movement/partnerships are going to be good for the ACC...it is really difficult to be positive right now; but next two weeks should be time enough! So take a deep breath, I for one have poured a double JD and coke and will await the word of SWOFFORD.

4876696414_d3f62d18be.jpg

The blackbird cries at midnight. Take your broomstick to the strawberry patch. Monbo dogface banana head.

The blackbird cries at midnight. Take your broomstick to the strawberry patch. Monbo dogface banana head.
This sounds promising for us.

arbitragegls, considering your post was after the Swofford radio interview earlier today, I'd imagine your post didn't have to do with that. Has your source given any timeframe as to when we'd hear something? Tomorrow? Friday?

arbitragegls, considering your post was after the Swofford radio interview earlier today, I'd imagine your post didn't have to do with that. Has your source given any timeframe as to when we'd hear something? Tomorrow? Friday?
First here is the radio link that you speak about: http://images.radcity.net/5885/5025820.mp3

Although this radio interview does mention a few important things including Swofford's view that the conference is stable, there is supposedly more going on that has not become public domain (so i do not have that info otherwise you all would know). However, it has been stated that the ACC is not laying down and watching all of the rumors without doing something to solidify the conference even further. I believe that shortly after Memorial Day we should have more information....

First here is the radio link that you speak about: http://images.radcity.net/5885/5025820.mp3

Although this radio interview does mention a few important things including Swofford's view that the conference is stable, there is supposedly more going on that has not become public domain (so i do not have that info otherwise you all would know). However, it has been stated that the ACC is not laying down and watching all of the rumors without doing something to solidify the conference even further. I believe that shortly after Memorial Day we should have more information....

That's good enough for me for the time being. I'm back to glass half full.

okay...being spoon fed but this is what i have been led to believe--general points but should calm waters:
1. Expect no realignment news out of any of the ACC schools until after the BCS determination is completed
--most all teams are A-OK and twitter and internet makes everyone's job that much harder
--ACC may be easiest run to NC final 4 than other conferences
--ACC based on last year's 'Cuse/Pitt expansion knows what its next top 2-4schools are
2. ACC is back in talks with ESPN--remember look in at 5 and 10 that could cause change in $$
--tier 3 and ACC network will be rediscussed
--these could play factor with ND
3. ACC has options for its bowl match-up that is being considered with more than one conference--maybe two or three bowl games with different conferences based on conference team rankings
--may not get Team #1 or #2 out of SEC/Big 10 or Pac 12...but definitley #3 against our #1-3 or #4 teams. BE not entirely out of this.

I am not looking for anything shaking up the ACC...deep breaths and fingers crossed! And a good Memorial Weekend to be had by all!

Well, that's about as good of news as could be expected...

Unless ESPN comes through with some serious concessions in the renegotiation, I still feel the ACC will lose some teams. That...and the Carolina cartel needs to relinquish some power as well

okay...being spoon fed but this is what i have been led to believe--general points but should calm waters:
1. Expect no realignment news out of any of the ACC schools until after the BCS determination is completed
--most all teams are A-OK and twitter and internet makes everyone's job that much harder
--ACC may be easiest run to NC final 4 than other conferences
--ACC based on last year's 'Cuse/Pitt expansion knows what its next top 2-4schools are
2. ACC is back in talks with ESPN--remember look in at 5 and 10 that could cause change in $$
--tier 3 and ACC network will be rediscussed
--these could play factor with ND
3. ACC has options for its bowl match-up that is being considered with more than one conference--maybe two or three bowl games with different conferences based on conference team rankings
--may not get Team #1 or #2 out of SEC/Big 10 or Pac 12...but definitley #3 against our #1-3 or #4 teams. BE not entirely out of this.

I am not looking for anything shaking up the ACC...deep breaths and fingers crossed! And a good Memorial Weekend to be had by all!

13-0 has to be easier to obtain in the ACC than the Bevo12.

arbitragegls vs. The Dude of WV

The Dude of WV vs. arbitragegls

Who to believe????? Oh the Humanity! I think my head is going to explode.

arbitragegls vs. The Dude of WV

The Dude of WV vs. arbitragegls

Who to believe????? Oh the Humanity! I think my head is going to explode.

Either way....a couch will be set ablaze in the state of West Virginia.

Swoffy, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Greensboro.

Swoffy, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Greensboro.

Of course he's in GSO. He's just busy taking in the ACC Baseball Tourney downtown where #8 seed GT beat #1 seed FSU last night. He was heard to say, "Yeah FSU, they can't even win in baseball".

It's 11:59 on Radio Free America; this is Uncle Sam, with music, and the truth until dawn. Right now I've got a few words for some of our brothers and sisters in the occupied zone: "the chair is against the wall, the chair is against the wall", "john has a long mustache, john has a long mustache". It's twelve o'clock, American, another day closer to victory. And for all of you out there, on, or behind the line, this is your song.