Symir Torrence 2.0 | Syracusefan.com

Symir Torrence 2.0

That interviewer would have a lot of trouble as a waiter reciting the “specials of the day” to anyone dining. He’d be fired the first night. Lousy...just lousy.

Anyone willing to give a synopsis of the interview?

The one with the best reporter from Syracuse, not the unintelligible mumbler guy.

Anyone willing to give a synopsis of the interview?

The one with the best reporter from Syracuse, not the unintelligible mumbler guy.

Nothing earth shattering- his decision was about relationships and then Mike gets him talking about a bunch of other related things, family etc. Symir at this point is tired as you can tell explaining his reasons for leaving Marquette and Mike does his job but doesn't press on it. Symir refers to himself as floor general a lot. I found it kind of odd no mention of Jimmy but didn't look at the date of the video.

his shot in that video already looks much better than the video a few weeks ago. Smoother, more arc, nice rotation.
It isn’t the worst thing in the world, but that elbow.

It isn’t the worst thing in the world, but that elbow.
I thought the same thing. Lot of cross body action with his shooting elbow being that far out. Might be a reason for his inconsistent shooting numbers. But there has been guys with worse form who are great shooters so ‍who knows. At least Sy has a smooth release.

Much better footwork too. It's pretty clear that Devo does a great job working with these kids.
Yup, it is uncanny how each kid he is working with immediately looks ‘Devoish’ with the way they creat spacing and footwork to get shots in the lane.

For a guy who was ELITE at creating spacing for his shot from distance, mid range and in the lane WITHOUT elite athleticism it really takes it to another level when he is able to translate that to other players.

So happy he is still working with our guys and hope he ends up on staff if one of our assistants gets hired away since JB is never retiring

Last edited:
I thought the same thing. Lot of cross body action with his shooting elbow being that far out. Might be a reason for his inconsistent shooting numbers. But there has been guys with worse form who are great shooters so ‍who knows. At least Sy has a smooth release.

The footwork and release can at least help him be more respectable. What video I did find and that first one a little while ago his footwork was not good. Even the release was sloppy.

Everything looks much crisper here even if it's still not the greatest shooting form.

The footwork and release can at least help him be more respectable. What video I did find and that first one a little while ago his footwork was not good. Even the release was sloppy.

Everything looks much crisper here even if it's still not the greatest shooting form.
There are dozens of players with odd shooting styles that were/are solid.

The #3 pick in the draft who played 11 seasons in the nba and was a career 40% 3 point shooter? No.
I'm not saying he is as good as Gordon, not many are, his strength and physicality and fierceness remind me of him. And his defense.

I'm not saying he is as good as Gordon, not many are, his strength and physicality and fierceness remind me of him. And his defense.
In that sense, he reminds me of those Baylor and West Virginia guards that are physical and defense oriented.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom