Symir Torrence Transferring from Marquette to Syracuse | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Symir Torrence Transferring from Marquette to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're talking to the wrong guy. I gave JB the benefit of the doubt late in the year. His roster management however has been an abomination.

Apparently even those of us who have been optimists and avid supporters throughout but finally expressed doubts and frustrations are now all the sudden garbage fans and alums. Damn us for being critical. It's not ok.

I am one who is glad we got Symir if not bummed that it for sure is a talent downgrade. He clearly likes Buddy and Joe, knows them from playing together and that chemistry can grow from that. It's something I will carry. It doesn't eliminate the fact that losing a likely future draft pick for a good rotation guy is a bummer and still points back to frustrations with the program as a whole.

It seemed like Richmond had good potential, but wasn't great (yet) offensively. I'm sorry to see him go. But I wonder how much he would have improved at Syracuse with that mindset. Gutierrez's article in the Athletic quotes Richmond as saying, "I wanted to go somewhere I could play without restrictions and have a chance to showcase my game. ... One thing I can show people now is that I actually have the ability to shoot the basketball." Ideally, a point guard should be thinking about getting the ball to teammates who are open, rather than auditioning for the NBA.
Richmond was the only thing we had since Ennis that even resembles a point guard.

Your last sentence is maddening, Kadary did get the ball to open teammates and did it better than anyone on the team.

One quick question, does our current point guard get the ball to teammates who are open than the one who left? I’ll hang up and listen.

“We were more than just teammates,” Torrence said. “We’re always going to be like brothers. We text each other often. They’re family in my eyes. I played with them in AAU. I played against them in high school.”

So we're going to have 4 Boeheim brothers on the team next year. Can JB find a 5th to man the C spot?

From 24-7 yesterday:
So far Torrence has heard from UMass, Siena, UAlbany, Wake Forest, Washington, South Florida and Murray State and has talked in depth on his fit with UMass, South Carolina, Siena, and UAlbany.
Now there's an impressive list of programs.
kadary's list ain't that impressive either. FSU on par with us and everyone else below

I like that he brings a different skill set than the 2 guards we have on the roster. I hope he can have a positive impact on games when he enters.

If rankings matter that much to people, consider he would’ve likely been rated a bit better than Kadary had he chose to stay in the 2020 class.

“We were more than just teammates,” Torrence said. “We’re always going to be like brothers. We text each other often. They’re family in my eyes. I played with them in AAU. I played against them in high school.”

So we're going to have 4 Boeheim brothers on the team next year. Can JB find a 5th to man the C spot?
Sure. Then you'd have one more reason to hate Boeheim.

“But Torrence had already determined he would leave the school. Torrence described his situation at Marquette as “not the right fit.”
“I just didn’t get in games, to be honest. That’s the story,” he said. “It was kind of depressing. I knew I was coming out of the game, so I tried not to make mistakes at all. It was just me worrying about whether I was coming out of the games. That’s where my field goal percentage and my stat line went down.”

*cringe*

“But Torrence had already determined he would leave the school. Torrence described his situation at Marquette as “not the right fit.”
“I just didn’t get in games, to be honest. That’s the story,” he said. “It was kind of depressing. I knew I was coming out of the game, so I tried not to make mistakes at all. It was just me worrying about whether I was coming out of the games. That’s where my field goal percentage and my stat line went down.”

*cringe*

Suspicious Will Smith GIF

Don't forget the group that feels everything is perfect and there is not one thing anyone needs to do better and the rest are a bunch of haters and non fans.

Where's that group?

*cringe*
I’m wondering if he knew of the situation here before committing, Buddy and Joe are his brothers so you figure he would, does he think he’s getting 20 a game?

*cringe*
They bring in a player from another school who takes his starting role. Then he explains how he feels he has to play and how it affects him.

And you can't understand where he's coming from?

Called it early yesterday in the recruiting board thread. Ugh. Definitely not excited for it and REALLLY not exciting for him and joe the following year to start either. Oh wellllll

They bring in a player from another school who takes his starting role. Then he explains how he feels he has to play and how it affects him.

And you can't understand where he's coming from?

no I understand.

Where's that group?

Seriously? Folks like yourself who blast the criticism everywhere like it should be shunned. Just as some of y'all make it out like anyone who criticizes is a hater and makes this place a cesspool the equitable hyperbole is that you see the hoops program and staff as untouchable. Neither is accurate but it's absolutely how it's framed. I've defended this program like crazy as have many others and just got frustrated but it seems that is not ok for even the short time frame it's actually been a reality.

Maybe we can all admit there is quite a bit of hyperbole for a moment?? Wouldn't kill anyone I am sure.

I’m wondering if he knew of the situation here before committing, Buddy and Joe are his brothers so you figure he would, does he think he’s getting 20 a game?

I hope not.

sticky that cuseinseattle post from earlier in this thread.

Damn some of you need to chill with the vitriol and commentary.

We should welcome him to the program and wish him well.
You should be pissed off like most season tickets holders are. This crap has to end

Nice summation.

It's the perfect framing for the constantly aggrieved.
This sounds exactly what a cult of Penn State football fan would have said in 2011 if any fan spoke questioned Paterno.

Good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors