Symir Torrence Transferring from Marquette to Syracuse | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Symir Torrence Transferring from Marquette to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure it’s fair. They have the same amount of eligibility left.
My point is we don’t know what his ceiling may be, and I don’t think his performance at Marquette is very telling of how he’ll be used, and how he may succeed here.

Like BJ, he needed another year.

My point is we don’t know what his ceiling may be, and I don’t think his performance at Marquette is very telling of how he’ll be used, and how he may succeed here.

Like BJ, he needed another year.

FWIW he and Joe are 6 months apart in age.

FWIW he and Joe are 6 months apart in age.
Joe was the youngest of our 2019 class too. Looking back, Symir likely could have used that extra year in HS to be “the guy” or at least develop further.

I don’t think JB “made his choice.” I think KR made his.
Not to continue down the KR rabbit hole, but IMO, it was absolutely JB who "made his choice". I'm not a JG3 basher and I honestly believe as I've said before, in a coupla years we'll read some of the criticisms about Joe and much like Sr-yr Andy Rautins, we'll wonder what some people were thinking.
But it was pretty obvious to anyone watching that Kadary was the better, the purer PG on last year's team. A large majority of the season was spent w/ fans, former players, & media, all asking the same questions: "Why isn't this kid getting more PT"? And the guy who was getting the bulk of time wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire either. Different games, sure- but the ultimate decision maker for what he wanted out of his PG, was made by JB.
Much like the year before when JB made his choice for Joe over an ineffective Jalen Carey, this past year the same variables were on the table, and JB chose to keep playing JG3. It's speculation of course, but unless more comes to light, I'd wager that's where he lost the young man. And when KR looked at the option of coming back and splitting time next year, he took his ball and went home...literally. Maybe he lost faith or just didn't agree w/ the plan, or just got tired of how things were being done under JB, who knows?
Perhaps due to his famous loyalty or whatever, JB made the choice and decision that a struggling JG3 was a better 1st option than Kadary. We can argue whether he was right or wrong, but he called that shot, no one else. JMHO

Not to continue down the KR rabbit hole, but IMO, it was absolutely JB who "made his choice". I'm not a JG3 basher and I honestly believe as I've said before, in a coupla years we'll read some of the criticisms about him and much like Sr-yr Andy Rautins, we'll wonder what people were thinking.
But it was pretty obvious to anyone watching that Kadary was the better, the purer PG on last year's team. A large majority of the season was spent w/ fans, former players, & media, all asking the same questions: "Why isn't this kid getting more PT"? And the guy who was getting the bulk of time wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire either.
Much like the year before when JB made his choice for Joe over an ineffective Jalen Carey, this past year the same variables were on the table, and JB chose to keep playing JG3. It's speculation of course, but unless more comes to light, I'd wager that's where he lost the young man. And when KR looked at the option of coming back and splitting time next year, he took his ball and went home...literally. Maybe he lost faith or just didn't agree w/ the plan, or just got tired of how things were being done under JB, who knows?
Perhaps due to his famous loyalty or whatever, JB made the choice and decision that a struggling JG3 was a better 1st option than Kadary. We can argue whether he was right or wrong, but he called that shot, no one else. JMHO
It's not even that Kadary is better - that's obvious to a child - it's that Kadary is elite - and this isn't Kentucky - we don't get 4 of these kids every year - and we throw that away for absolutely nothing - makes no sense whatsoever

Not to continue down the KR rabbit hole, but IMO, it was absolutely JB who "made his choice". I'm not a JG3 basher and I honestly believe as I've said before, in a coupla years we'll read some of the criticisms about him and much like Sr-yr Andy Rautins, we'll wonder what people were thinking.
But it was pretty obvious to anyone watching that Kadary was the better, the purer PG on last year's team. A large majority of the season was spent w/ fans, former players, & media, all asking the same questions: "Why isn't this kid getting more PT"? And the guy who was getting the bulk of time wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire either.
So he lost faith and didn’t agree with the plan. Yep, that’s him choosing.

JB communicated the plan, asked him to do things. His playing time improved as the season went on as he got better at those things. He wasn’t happy with something and left. He chose a school closer to home with less pedigree and a worse coach.

JB “choosing” is KR not playing at all, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors