Syracuse’s big basketball Class of 2022 is trickling into town: ‘Everyone’s super excited’ | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse’s big basketball Class of 2022 is trickling into town: ‘Everyone’s super excited’

It’s definitely a low release, like Josh Wright.

Thankfully he’s a solid 6 inches taller than Wright, so hopefully that helps.

It’s at the forehead and the elbow ends above the eyes. Many players shoot like that and even lower. Go look at Trae Young’s. It’s even lower. If it’s comfortable and consistent it’s fine.

It’s at the forehead and the elbow ends above the eyes. Many players shoot like that and even lower. Go look at Trae Young’s. It’s even lower. If it’s comfortable and consistent it’s fine.
His form is fine, at least for what his role will probably be for the first few years. He's got a long way to go to be able to do it against better ACC defenders. Buddy for the last few years and Andy his senior year, barely brought the ball below their chin. With that wind up and release, Bunch will be mostly limited to spot-up shots. That'll be fine unless/until he becomes a featured shooter.

His form is fine, at least for what his role will probably be for the first few years. He's got a long way to go to be able to do it against better ACC defenders. Buddy for the last few years and Andy his senior year, barely brought the ball below their chin. With that wind up and release, Bunch will be mostly limited to spot-up shots. That'll be fine unless/until he becomes a featured shooter.

Buddy, like 99% of all shooters brings the ball down like a dip. He always brought it down to his waist.

Buddy, like 99% of all shooters brings the ball down like a dip. He always brought it down to his waist.
Only if he had all day to shoot.

I realize the video was a shooting drill. Maybe he's got a better motion when he has to hurry or could develop one. It wasn't necessary, in that clip.

Bunch will only need to do two things on offense:

Hit the open, wide open three at a percentage that provides scoring or spacing, depending on how the defense plays against us.

Dribble once or twice then finish when given a clear line to the basket, whether in the open court or half court.

If he beats out the other freshman forwards and plays 25-30 minutes, he could be a 10ppg scorer on 5-7 three attempts and a couple layups a game. The same could be said of Taylor or Brown as well. They aren't going to be asked to do too much, but the other offensive threats should give them plenty of opportunity to help the team.

Watch his videos. All shooters do it.
You're right. Players are either dribbling or taking a pass, just before they shoot so the ball usually starts low. I just watched some video and if guarded and receiving a pass, Buddy never went down with the ball. Only up from where it started. Bunch did a wind-up after the catch. Down, then up. That's the difference.

You're right. Players are either dribbling or taking a pass, just before they shoot so the ball usually starts low. I just watched some video and if guarded and receiving a pass, Buddy never went down with the ball. Only up from where it started. Bunch did a wind-up after the catch. Down, then up. That's the difference.

Here’s the first video that came up. Every 3 he did a dip.

Thank You for this. He is now my favorite player..
Place some bets on his freshman year shooting % then!
Bunch will only need to do two things on offense:

Hit the open, wide open three at a percentage that provides scoring or spacing, depending on how the defense plays against us.

Dribble once or twice then finish when given a clear line to the basket, whether in the open court or half court.

If he beats out the other freshman forwards and plays 25-30 minutes, he could be a 10ppg scorer on 5-7 three attempts and a couple layups a game. The same could be said of Taylor or Brown as well. They aren't going to be asked to do too much, but the other offensive threats should give them plenty of opportunity to help the team.
why is that?? We’re that loaded that we just need a guy to make wide open shots?

Edwards is the only guy that’s proven he could play for anyone, IMO.

I have high hopes for Mintz, but we’ll see. I had high hopes for Jalen Carey and Kaleb Joseph too.

I think Girard will do well playing more off the ball, but we’ll see.

Benny averaged like 1 ppg.

I’m not comfortable saying Bunch just needs to knock down wide open shots and that’s enough, like the rest of our team has actually done something.

Sorry if that sounds pessimistic. I think we should be better than last year, at least.

Here’s the first video that came up. Every 3 he did a dip.

If he's open, which Buddy was in all of those clips and which Bunch was in his.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I think Bunch is going to have trouble getting his shot off unless he's got a better release than he showed in the video.