Syracuse #15 in AP Final Poll / #15 in Coaches Final Poll | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse #15 in AP Final Poll / #15 in Coaches Final Poll

Any preseason rank and I am happy.
I don’t expect we will be in the teens because of SEC bias.
However I can see us preseason 21-25 range and that would get our week 2 game in Fox/FS1/ESPN and not BTN like I expected.

We were ranked #6 preseason in 1993. Perception was as at a high water mark. The season ended up as a disappointment in part because the retooled offensive line could not get the job done.

People are understimating the criticality of the offensive line especially with a pocket passer.
Lines are always critical. Even more in the run game. The OLine should sort itself out .

The defense is setting up to be ridiculous. That could help with any growing pains.

The turnover margin is a little concerning. We were top 5-10 this past season and that tends to normalize from year to year.

This is absolutely true. Our turnover margin was absurd. I believe we will make up for the normalization by being more efficient on offense and defense next year though. Our only unknowns are oline and linebacker. We are pretty stacked everywhere else on the roster. I have faith the staff has recruited enough talent at both spots to get decent play out of those units. Getting Shy back would be huge and the staff probably brings in a transfer OT to compete for a starting job.

We were ranked #6 preseason in 1993. Perception was as at a high water mark. The season ended up as a disappointment in part because the retooled offensive line could not get the job done.

People are understimating the criticality of the offensive line especially with a pocket passer.
#15 is gaudy and indicative of our national perception now. I mean technically we return only 5 starters on offense and yet we're ranked 15th by ESPN.
Are we rebuilding or reloading?
Aren’t 3 of the 5 OL? Isn’t that good? I know we’re not fully settled at OL and with a pocket passer, it could be a compounding problem, but it’s not that bad, and TD has a faster release and maybe better pocket presence than we know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom