Syracuse #15 in AP Final Poll / #15 in Coaches Final Poll | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse #15 in AP Final Poll / #15 in Coaches Final Poll

ESPN has SU in next year’s preseason poll at 15. Clemson at number one and no other ACC teams.

Im not sure how much stock i put into the ESPN poll one way or another. They have the exact same top 6 again. I dont know if they did a lot of research

I'll grant you the QB but we were missing the ACC Sack leader and another starting DLineman.

We beat 2 teams that were ranked when we played them.

Miami and Wisconsin, for example, were top 10 teams early this year, whomever beat them didn't end up with a top 10 feather in the cap or even that good of a win. The final poll should look at who you beat based on who that team ended up being. BC, NC State and WVU were all really solid wins, those are enough for us to be a top 15 team. just not top 10, IMO

Who are the teams that I need to be angry about being ranked ranked ahead of us?
the 4 loss teams ahead of us for sure, and the 3 loss teams ahead of us I'd put $ down for us to beat. When you only lose to the #2 and #3 team in the college playoff rankings (the latter with your star qb out), and then in OT to a divisional conference champion, and the loss to #2 was in their house in arguably their toughest game all year last minute, yes with their stud qb only playing about a half, but, again, at their house with all that talent.

Yeah the 4 loss teams for sure and likely the other 3 loss teams IMHO.

I'm not angry, I think 15 is pretty fair.

It's a great achievement by Dino and the kids, especially the seniors who waited so long for this.

It's also good to know that Dino and the returning team are not satisfied with this level and are looking to take the next step. That will be fun to watch.

We’ll take that Lambert Trophy, thank you very much!

source.gif

It's some time in February and you've been stranded on a desert island (or maybe on a lush tropical one - like Gilligan's) since August 30th. A newspaper (in a glass bottle - what else) from Jan 8th washes ashore and after reading about how the government shutdown is affecting the livlihood of craft brewers, you turn to the sports section and notice the final college football rankings. You start at the top and begin descending:

Hmmm...Clemson beat the Tide for the NC..Right on and big time too.
Let's see, there's the usual suspects; Ohio State, ND, Georgia.

You continue

A 4 loss Texas team at #9 sheesh...damn Texas bias.
UCF #11? That's BS, they don't play the schedule.
#12 Kentucky. Nice job Wildcats

You keep scrolling
#13 Washington, #14 Michigan #15 Syracuse Syracuse . What! Where did that come from? Wait a minute...Maybe this newspaper is The Onion and it's all a big joke. No, it's true. Damn, of all the seasons to miss, I had to miss this one. How'd they do that?
That's the last time I take a 3 hour cruise, a 3 hour cruise.

Great season beloved Syracuse Orangemen. Here's to a stellar off season in recruiting, spring practice and spring game, pre-season, preseason rankings and emerging players. LGO.

Asked prior to the season, there may have been one or two here who predicted a 10 win season. Maybe. But every single person here would have been shocked by 10-3, bowl win over WVU, and a #15 ranking. We would take that in a heartbeat.

We all should be very happy with the end of the year Top 15, baby steps but lets break the Top 10 next season!

I love how we are now considering a ranking in the final poll a baby step!

That was a monster jump from a 4-8 season last year.

With that being said, this team shows A LOT of potential for next season. I’m already giddy about it.

How about y’all?!

with our seasons resume' we should be top 10, period, end of story.

How the hell is Washington ranked ahead of Syracuse with one more loss? Syracuse lost to 2/4 playoff teams and the Coastal Champion. in overtime on the road.

Washington lost to Cal and Oregon close, at home to a 5 loss Auburn team and was being destroyed by Ohio St. Anyway seems odd west coast bias. I am pretty confident Syracuse would win PAC-12.

How the hell is Washington ranked ahead of Syracuse with one more loss? Syracuse lost to 2/4 playoff teams and the Coastal Champion. in overtime on the road.

Washington lost to Cal and Oregon close, at home to a 5 loss Auburn team and was being destroyed by Ohio St. Anyway seems odd west coast bias. I am pretty confident Syracuse would win PAC-12.
egggggxactly my friend. When we gonna see you again at a tailgate?

Great season and well deserved. Hats off to the seniors. We have two returning AP All Americans who were freshman this season. Think about that - the last time we had an AP All American was 17 years ago and it was Freeney as a senior. And a top 15 ranking to boot with a convincing bowl win. And from the looks of it, a Lambert trophy too.

A lot to be excited about and a lot to look forward to.

I wonder what our ranking would have been if we lost to ND the same way in Sept, then turned around and lost to Clemson the same way in November? Probably much higher.

I wonder what our ranking would have been if we lost to ND the same way in Sept, then turned around and lost to Clemson the same way in November? Probably much higher.

Or just don't lose to Pitt. That one still hurts.

#15 is gaudy and indicative of our national perception now. I mean technically we return only 5 starters on offense and yet we're ranked 15th by ESPN.
Are we rebuilding or reloading?

#15 is gaudy and indicative of our national perception now. I mean technically we return only 5 starters on offense and yet we're ranked 15th by ESPN.
Are we rebuilding or reloading?

I could end up being totally wrong here, but I have little to no concern about the offense. I think we have the most complete team we've had in a long time with an easier schedule than last year. Projected S&P showing we should win 9 games (minimum) next year, and also showing Babers in the top 10 for overachieving projected win totals over the last 6 years. I have completely given up doubting this staff about anything.

I'm with orange_in_VA regarding the high expectations. I look at our schedule and think we should be favored in every game except for Clemson. I really believe in Tommy, which has a lot to do with my optimism. I think this is an 11-2/10-3 type team and maybe better.

We were ranked #6 preseason in 1993. Perception was as at a high water mark. The season ended up as a disappointment in part because the retooled offensive line could not get the job done.

People are understimating the criticality of the offensive line especially with a pocket passer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom