Syracuse AD John Wildhack Q&A discusses potential Babers extension, Boeheim succession | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse AD John Wildhack Q&A discusses potential Babers extension, Boeheim succession

Wildhack just showed how irrelevant the regular season is for college basketball.
I appreciate him telling it the way it is.
College hoops is a glorified exhibition season to do just enough to get into the March tournament.
Dino will get paid. I am not worried the extension hasn’t been announced. We need to just do the small stuff that matters to Dino. The $$$ won’t be why he leaves.
The only thing missing was the question about the uniforms.
Which suck and really just change the numerals and get rid of the metallic orange in the helmet.
and the little stripey things on the shoulder pads

I'm not sure that even if Babers gets an extension that it will be announced. Only reason to do so would be for recruiting purposes right?

Pretty good reason.

I don't disagree. But it could also be something Dino tells recruits and doesn't want/need blasted out publicly.

Extension would have been signed if he beat Pitt. Wildhack knows Dino is overrated and a 1 year wonder.

I kid! :vomit:

giphy.gif

Private schools don't announce anything. When was the last time they announced an extension for JB or Desko?

Private schools don't announce anything. When was the last time they announced an extension for JB or Desko?

Well, apparently BC just announced the Addazio thing. But generally speaking you're right.

When has JB ever been at risk of leaving his current position, outside of the short flirtation in the mid/late 90's when media was a lot different? And honestly -- I know there are a lot of lax heads but nationally, who cares about lacrosse coaches? How many could even name ours outside of CNY or inner lax circles?

If Babers is extended, it should be announced. And I expect that it will be. If for no other reason than to stop the speculation.

If they announce a huge raise for Dino, Jimmy B will look even more underpaid. So maybe not announcing anything publicly is out of respect for Jimmy B.

The reason nothing publically has come out about JB extension is because there was never fear of losing him. That’s the massive difference is that articles all over have Dino plastered on their boards for a coach to take over “x, y and z” jobs. So a public announcement should and will be made if he is extended. That makes recruits happy and fan support happen (arguably the two most important ingredients to a successful program). I believe the AD is saying now is the time to focus on the positives of playing in this bowl game and we are not finished with this season. Once we are, we will talk. Wildhack is a smart smart man, he sees the articles he understands what’s at stake. I am quite confident that he will make this happen, and Dino will have a 2-4 year extension.

When it ya announced that Babers has been extended people aren’t going to be happy because they won’t announce the details such as money. They never announced what he got originally and any numbers have just been guesses and rumors.

When it ya announced that Babers has been extended people aren’t going to be happy because they won’t announce the details such as money. They never announced what he got originally and any numbers have just been guesses and rumors.

Babers made $2.4M in 2016, JB $2.7M, that was reportable by the university. No guesses there.

If he has escalation from there, with performance bonuses my guess is he will be making at least $3M in 2018.

If Baber's got a performance bonus in 2018 (which is likely given the team's record), he could be over $3M. That would make his existing salary pretty competitive in the league.

ACC FOOTBALL CURRENT HEAD COACH SALARIES (2017)

Dabo Swinney (Clemson): $8,526,800
Mark Richt (Miami) $4,000,000 (est)
Bobby Petrino (Louisville): $3,930,434 (Fired)
Bronco Mendenhall (Virginia): $3,400,000
Justin Fuente (Virginia Tech): $3,250,000
Dave Doeren (NC St): $3,000,000 (est)
Paul Johnson (Georgia Tech): $2,970,891 (Retired)
Dino Babers (Syracuse) $2,740,000 (bonuses for 2018?)
David Cutcliffe (Duke): $2,613,638
Steve Addazio (Boston College): $2,448,949 (Extended)
Larry Fedora (North Carolina): $2,290,000 (Fired)
Dave Doeren (NC State): $2,212,600
Pat Narduzzi (Pittsburgh): $1,827,735
Dave Clawson (Wake Forest): $1,827,370
ACC football coach salaries and contract details - ACCSports.com

Last edited:
If Baber's got a performance bonus in 2018 (which is likely given the team's record), he could be over $3M. That would make his existing salary pretty competitive in the league.

ACC FOOTBALL CURRENT HEAD COACH SALARIES (2017)

Dabo Swinney (Clemson): $8,526,800
Bobby Petrino (Louisville): $3,930,434 (Fired)
Bronco Mendenhall (Virginia): $3,400,000
Justin Fuente (Virginia Tech): $3,250,000
Paul Johnson (Georgia Tech): $2,970,891 (Retired)
David Cutcliffe (Duke): $2,613,638
Steve Addazio (Boston College): $2,448,949 (Extended)
Larry Fedora (North Carolina): $2,290,000 (Fired)
Dave Doeren (NC State): $2,212,600
Pat Narduzzi (Pittsburgh): $1,827,735
Dave Clawson (Wake Forest): $1,827,370

NOTES:
  • Specific details of the contracts of Mark Richt (Miami) and Dino Babers (Syracuse) are not public. It was reported at the time of Richt’s hire by Miami that he would make approximately $4 million annually, which would have placed him third in total pay among ACC coaches in 2017.
  • Former Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher received $5,700,000 in total pay in 2017, ranking second in the ACC behind only Dabo Swinney. Fisher’s buyout is the sum of all monies remaining on the contracts of his assistant coaches not retained by FSU. With multiple coaches on multi-year contracts, this buyout could reach up to $10 million or more for Fisher to buy out of the FSU contract extension he signed last December.
  • Dave Doeren’s new contract extension with NC State elevates his pay above $3 million annually, and places him among the top half of ACC coaches in terms of total pay.

ACC football coach salaries and contract details - ACCSports.com

Richt made just over $4M in 2016

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom