Syracuse all-time buzzer beaters | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse all-time buzzer beaters

Rocco

Watching you.
While looking up the women's buzzer beater today... I started looking at other buzzer beaters that ended favorably for SU. I love this stuff (couldn't post all these in one message). Enjoy!

This is where I got my sig pic. ;) You're mother is a Hoya.

I love the old uniforms and logo in the 1st video. They need to bring those back.

Those clips of McNamara just make me remember how freaking awesome the chants of "GER-RY! GER-RY! GER-RY!" were in the Dome and, well, basically anywhere we played. Best chant we've ever had related to an individual player (and in my mind second only to Let's Go Orange overall in the chant department).

Also, this one was only a buzzer beater at halftime, but it's still fantastic if only due to Quin Snyder's reaction:

Get a barf bag, though. Check out who makes the call to put the BC guy on the line.

Get a barf bag, though. Check out who makes the call to put the BC guy on the line.

OMG Time has NOT been kind to him...

I was just thinking if you had to come up with all-time scumbag refs...I can only come up with 3 maybe 4. This guy is #1. T.Higgins is #2 Dick Paparo #3. #4 is starting to look like his name is John Cahill.

Here is another one : Janulius vs Iona NCAAs in 98?
Go back even further: 81 BET 3OT title game. 75 NCAA vs NC, 75 NCAA East Reg Title vs KSU
Sad thing is around this period I could think of mostly buzz-beaters vs. us
Like: 1982 Stewart Granger, 1986 Ron Rowan and Berry blocking Pearl, 1980 Ist loss of year vs ODU,
1989 G'town-SU Charles Smith vs Sherm

The best part of this thread is Gerry screaming after hitting the game-winner at GTown in front of all 6 of their fans after each video as I scroll down

Fixed.

Fixed.
Are you sure this one was @Gtown? Looks like the Big East Tourney during Gerry Week. In which case, I'd put their total fans in attendance at 3.

The Greg Monroe one against St John's 2/27/84. It was a high scoring game but Syracuse held the ball four-corners style at the end to ensure we had the last shot. They used to turn the shot clock off for the last 5 minutes of the game. SU had Pearl and Addison but it was little used frosh guard Monroe who won it. St. Johns had Mullen, Wennington, Sheldon Glass. It was also the last game we played against them at Alumni Hall.

The Greg Monroe one against St John's 2/27/84. It was a high scoring game but Syracuse held the ball four-corners style at the end to ensure we had the last shot. They used to turn the shot clock off for the last 5 minutes of the game. SU had Pearl and Addison but it was little used frosh guard Monroe who won it. St. Johns had Mullen, Wennington, Sheldon Glass. It was also the last game we played against them at Alumni Hall.

I loved that game. Monroe from the baseline corner at the old Alumni Hall. Hard to believe we actually used to play St Johns there. I remember that game like it was yesterday.

Reactions: MGP
While looking up the women's buzzer beater today... I started looking at other buzzer beaters that ended favorably for SU. I love this stuff (couldn't post all these in one message). Enjoy!

This is where I got my sig pic. ;) You're mother is a Hoya.

I was at that game. Good times.

Yeah Rocco, I am surprised, you are incorrect about your signature picture. That picture is from the 2006 BET. That photo, if I recall correctly, was on the back page of the NY Post. Clearly not that game at GTown in the first post which is 2004, I think. Totally different uniforms even.

There can be only one...and the Wallace shot in OT at the end of this game is it, IMO.

That whole final sequence was amazing. It was like a bout in a Rocky movie. Both sides were landing haymakers on each other in the final minute of OT!

That whole final sequence was amazing. It was like a bout in a Rocky movie. Both sides were landing haymakers on each other in the final minute of OT!

I couldn't agree more--I've actually described the game as being like two heavy weight boxers duking it out, each team landing haymaker after haymaker until time ran out, so it is interesting to see you use a similar comparison.

The execution by BOTH teams over the last several minutes and overtime was phenomenal--game was played at a really high level. That SU / Georgia game is one of the best games I've had the privilege to watch as an SU fan. Bar none, one of the top games in SU history.