Syracuse all-time buzzer beaters | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse all-time buzzer beaters

I couldn't agree more--I've actually described the game as being like two heavy weight boxers duking it out, each team landing haymaker after haymaker until time ran out, so it is interesting to see you use a similar comparison.

The execution by BOTH teams over the last several minutes and overtime was phenomenal--game was played at a really high level. That SU / Georgia game is one of the best games I've had the privilege to watch as an SU fan. Bar none, one of the top games in SU history.

I agree. Top 5 in my opinion. Gave me a concussion thats how good of a game it was.

hey, nobody has mentioned Shumpert's shot against Kentucky in the 2000 NCAA tourney, although that might not have been strictly a buzzer beater.

I get chills every time I see that Cipolla shot. Thanks.

I love having CJ who hits at least one a game. And 14-17 or so foot pure baseline jumper from the left side has been known the Cipolla Shot for me since 1996

A couple others I thought of...

Rock Lloyd at both to tie GW and to beat Providence(?)

Moten has a shot to win at home against Nova with like 2 seconds left.

Z's coast to coast drive to force OT against Nova

Allen Griffin to beat Seton Hall in the Dome (again I think that was with like 2 or 3 ticks left)

And if I recall correctly Charlie Lockwood once nailed a three point buzzer beater as a walkon to increase a blowout win

Yeah Rocco, I am surprised, you are incorrect about your signature picture. That picture is from the 2006 BET. That photo, if I recall correctly, was on the back page of the NY Post. Clearly not that game at GTown in the first post which is 2004, I think. Totally different uniforms even.

Yes indeed, I stand corrected. Good thing I got the photo police up in here! ;)

Not quite a game winner, but was damn close. Devo the punk afterwards standing on the scorer's table. I was in section 12 during that game. That place ERUPTED.

Yeah Rocco, I am surprised, you are incorrect about your signature picture. That picture is from the 2006 BET. That photo, if I recall correctly, was on the back page of the NY Post. Clearly not that game at GTown in the first post which is 2004, I think. Totally different uniforms even.

SUvGT_DailyNews.jpg
SUvGT_NYPost.gif