Syracuse and Super Bowl rings | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse and Super Bowl rings

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Yesterday 2 more rings were added to the Syracuse University Super Bowl ring collection.

As far as I can determine that makes numbers 28 and 29 for players playing in the bowl.

Does anyone know if it's up to each organization to further determine who else in the organization gets a ring? Is there a policy of the NFL that players, coaches, owners, trainers etc are entitled to rings?

Tom Couglin won two Super Bowls as HC of the Giants

Al Davis won three Super Bowls as an owner

Marcus Paul was S&C coach for the Pats (2) & the Giants (2) for a total of 4 rings

Ivan Fears RB coach New England three Super Bowl wins

Scott Pioli worked for SU as a grad assistant in 88 & 89 and later was with New England for three Super Bowl wins

That would add at least 15 more, bringing the total to a possible 44 Super Bowl rings for SU connected people.

Is there anyone else I haven't included? I'm sure there are more.

Greg Robinson came to town with two from his time in Denver but I wouldn't add his rings to the total as he wasn't here before he won them.

Here is a list of Super Bowl Champions maybe this will spark more memories of SU folks who were with those winning organizations.

Here is a list of former players who participated in the Super Bowl

Here is a list of Syracuse's Super Bowl Champions

It's amazing the amount of success SU Football has had in the NFL as players, coaches, assistants and administrators.

I read a stat somewhere that SU is 10th all time for putting players in the NFL. If that is true, the staff probably has that in their recruiting pitch and why not.

Syracuse Football has had some of the best players at their position's in the NFL.

There should be a Jim Brown Award for the best running back in the NFL.

John Mackey has a collegiate award for the best tight end in college football.

My sister was a cheerleader for the Philadelphia Eagles for 4 years, including their run to the Super Bowl in 2004. I do not know if it is different with other organizations but she said the entire Eagles organization was in line to get rings if they would have won. If my memory serves me well I believe coaches, players, owners, gm, higher ups get the big Super Bowl ring and the rest of the organization gets replica rings.

My sister was a cheerleader for the Philadelphia Eagles for 4 years, including their run to the Super Bowl in 2004. I do not know if it is different with other organizations but she said the entire Eagles organization was in line to get rings if they would have won. If my memory serves me well I believe coaches, players, owners, gm, higher ups get the big Super Bowl ring and the rest of the organization gets replica rings.
Just found this don't know how accurate it is:

• "Every member of the active roster
  • The coaching staff
  • The entire front office and ownership
  • The cheerleaders get rings depending on ownership's decision. But it has been the tradition lately for cheerleaders to get rings.
  • Injured Reserve and practice squad get rings if their team decides to give them out to them. Usually they do.
  • Also, in some cases, players traded during the season will get them too, if they suited up and played during the regular season. This is also by ownership's decision
To sum up, the ownership pays for all the rings and decides who receives them. The list above shows the norm."
From

Here is another answer

and another

On the Pawn Stars I watched the other day, some girl came in to sell her SB ring. All I really remember was that it was lady size, so they wouldn't offer her as much.

if you didnt get a degree or play on the football team, it doesnt count.

for you are not Syracuse connected.

fears & pioli and people like that are on the outside and useless.

Oh Lord

If Pioli was a grad assistant for two years then I would assume he has a masters in something from Syracuse. I would assume under Kaiser rules you count that as Syracuse connected.

Just found this don't know how accurate it is:

• "Every member of the active roster
  • The coaching staff
  • The entire front office and ownership
  • The cheerleaders get rings depending on ownership's decision. But it has been the tradition lately for cheerleaders to get rings.
  • Injured Reserve and practice squad get rings if their team decides to give them out to them. Usually they do.
  • Also, in some cases, players traded during the season will get them too, if they suited up and played during the regular season. This is also by ownership's decision
To sum up, the ownership pays for all the rings and decides who receives them. The list above shows the norm."

From

Here is another answer

and another

Good information, makes sense...after a Super Bowl win I am sure owners are more open to giving rings out to those they have to make decisions on. I know it's the "football team" that wins the big game, but it is the "team effort" of the entire organization to get to that point.

If Pioli was a grad assistant for two years then I would assume he has a masters in something from Syracuse. I would assume under Kaiser rules you count that as Syracuse connected.
i meant undergrad in my rules, but i suppose that would count.

but when people in general say greg paulus. what do you think?? dook pg or Syracuse QB? i think dook PG, but he would have more claim to a tie than pioli would.

fears, most certainly not, thats ludicrous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom