Syracuse Announces 2019 Promotional Schedule | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Announces 2019 Promotional Schedule

But only about 60% of Americans belong in the 1st group with that number dropping yearly and somewhere between 45-55% belong in either of the others at a given time so the numbers aren't that far apart. I honestly don't like being on one side of this as I really could care less what they do if they manage to get an extra 2500 butts in the 300 level due to group sales.
75% down from 82%. And like you mention, it's about butts in the seats.

75% down from 82%. And like you mention, it's about butts in the seats.

Ah, I was looking at the number that are a part of a church. Sizable gap there.

The University’s spent 2019 marveling in the vastness of the student body’s range of culture. Why is a faith and family day so horrible? The knights templar isn’t charging down marshall. This is not an event of intolerance, more so of unity and Appreciation. There’s no shaming of not believing in religion.

Ah, I was looking at the number that are a part of a church. Sizable gap there.
Either way, it's the second largest group, after those that are dead, or breathing. It's about inclusion for ticket sales, not about making some statement. Some feel Atheism is a faith position (full belief in their thoughts about a diety), so from that perspective, they are also included

BTW. If you didn't know, there is a church of Atheism, and Yes, you can become a fully ordained Atheist Minister, with all the legal rights of a traditional Minister. A Faith. Turn your man cave into an Atheist church, and maybe it's tax exempt, too.

The University’s spent 2019 marveling in the vastness of the student body’s range of culture. Why is a faith and family day so horrible? The knights templar isn’t charging down marshall. This is not an event of intolerance, more so of unity and Appreciation. There’s no shaming of not believing in religion.

Pretty sure that no one at any point has said that it is horrible. Odd/weird and horrible are vastly different.

Pretty sure that no one at any point has said that it is horrible. Odd/weird and horrible are vastly different.

I don't think it rises to "horrible," though my feelings are definitely more negative than "odd/weird," but that's a good post by Trueblue - I appreciate the perspective and that line of argument.

Because Parents Weekend isn't PC anymore.
This might be t/c, but if not I certainly hope things haven't gotten that bad. If being a "parent" is pejorative at SU someone needs to get choked out.

I don't think it rises to "horrible," though my feelings are definitely more negative than "odd/weird," but that's a good post by Trueblue - I appreciate the perspective and that line of argument.
Odd's a good descriptor. If "unity" is the point, one "Family Day" - for people of any faith or no faith - would be sufficient.

Last edited:
Excitement for the game is all I can figure.
Don't know if anyone has asked you this yet, but would you say the average Clemson fan considers Texas A&M their biggest challenge this year, or Syracuse?

Don't know if anyone has asked you this yet, but would you say the average Clemson fan considers Texas A&M their biggest challenge this year, or Syracuse?
Interesting question. I will be interested in hearing the responses of gbo and our other Clemson guests.

It feels like the average fan thinks the Syracuse game is the tougher one since the last 2 meetings have basically been a coin flip and it's on the road.

It feels like the average fan thinks the Syracuse game is the tougher one since the last 2 meetings have basically been a coin flip and it's on the road.
that-s-when-mr-fluftykillsknew-hell-had-finally-frozen-over-5618311.png

Agreed we need a Millennial Appreciation Day

Free Tickets if they chose to come but even if they don't come, we'll still thank them because they are all special and deserve our adulation.

Not enough safe space in there to work.

Wrong sport but I would love a nationally covered promotional event for midnight madness that actually started at midnight one of these years. But that's another discussion for another day...

Don't really pay attention to any of the promotional days but I''m at the point that I think our product on the field, combined with hosting the best program in the country, would allow the school to move Homecoming to a different weekend. We shouldn't need that extra bump to sell out Clemson,, but apparently the school thinks we do.

Don't really pay attention to any of the promotional days but I''m at the point that I think our product on the field, combined with hosting the best program in the country, would allow the school to move Homecoming to a different weekend. We shouldn't need that extra bump to sell out Clemson,, but apparently the school thinks we do.

Nope. But the Alumni Association strongly pushed for this. Previous administrations would have ignored that feedback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom