Syracuse at Arkansas - BE/SEC Challenge 2012 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse at Arkansas - BE/SEC Challenge 2012

South Carolina vs. St.John's (rumored to be at the Barclay's Center)
Seton Hall vs. LSU
Kentucky vs. ND
Marquette vs. Florida
Georgia vs. South Florida
DePaul vs. Auburn
Tennessee vs. Georgetown
Syracuse vs. Arkansas
Mississippi vs. Providence
Rutgers vs. Ole Miss
Alabama vs. Cincinnati
Villanova vs. Vanderbilt

WHY? Oh Lord Oh Lord Oh Lord Oh Lord Oh Lord

Unless there's been some new development in time travel and SU is going to play the 1994 Arkansas team, I couldn't care less about this game.

South Carolina vs. St.John's (rumored to be at the Barclay's Center)
Seton Hall vs. LSU
Kentucky vs. ND
Marquette vs. Florida
Georgia vs. South Florida
DePaul vs. Auburn
Tennessee vs. Georgetown
Syracuse vs. Arkansas
Mississippi vs. Providence
Rutgers vs. Ole Miss
Alabama vs. Cincinnati
Villanova vs. Vanderbilt

Tell you the truth, I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around any of those matchups. Big East blew it years ago when they dropped the BE-ACC challenge, imo.

It wasn't gonna be Florida again. UK-Cuse would make too much sense. WHo elese is there really? Tennessee? Alabama?

No Pitt, UConn, or Louisville.

Wow there really isnt one interesting matchup, and how could the big east leave out arguably its best team next year in Louisville.

ugh...an unranked road opponent. Lose lose IMO

WHY? Oh Lord Oh Lord Oh Lord Oh Lord Oh Lord

Unless there's been some new development in time travel and SU is going to play the 1994 Arkansas team, I couldn't care less about this game.
A rematch of the 1995 tourney game. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Here is the boxscore: http://www.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?replayId=1740

Here you can buy a DVD of the game (although I am not sure I would want to watch it again) http://www.amazon.com/1995-NCAA-Division-Basketball-Round/dp/B000VL7Y1G

Who the hell is in charge of this thing. Where is Louisville? As someone noted above this game is a lose/lose for SU. God this conference is ed.

It wasn't gonna be Florida again. UK-Cuse would make too much sense. WHo elese is there really? Tennessee? Alabama?

No Pitt, UConn, or Louisville.
Literally and figuratively.

No Missou or aTm either. 12 vs 12 instead of 14 wonder why. I guess we know who the ESPN suites wanted and who they didn't.

Looks like a slate of games without a single must see matchup. I wonder if tickets will be available for that epic battle between DePaul and Auburn or Seton Hall vs. LSU?

What is the point of playing a challenge against a conference that only has 3 or 4 teams that really play basketball. Do you need a challenge in order to schedule those games?

Wait...I get it now.

Its the SEC/Big East challenge to the fans. The conferences are challenging their fans to sit through a heavy dose of yawn inspiring matchups.

disgraceful.

Add this to the list of reasons why I'm glad SU is getting the fark out of the BE. Somehow I can't see the ACC and B1G having SU play Minnesota or Northwestern.

Looks like a slate of games without a single must see matchup. I wonder if tickets will be available for that epic battle between DePaul and Auburn or Seton Hall vs. LSU?

What is the point of playing a challenge against a conference that only has 3 or 4 teams that really play basketball. Do you need a challenge in order to schedule those games?

Wait...I get it now.

Its the SEC/Big East challenge to the fans. The conferences are challenging their fans to sit through a heavy dose of yawn inspiring matchups.

What about that epic showdown of Providence versus Ole Miss and the barnburner of Nova vs Vandy wow cant wait.

well...this will conf challenge will send shockwaves through the cbb world.. :eek:

Orange '"overcommitted' for challenge

The divorce between Syracuse, Pittsburgh and the Big East continues to be messy as the league and the two departing schools are now embroiled in another controversy: the SEC-Big East Challenge.
The night before Friday's release of the pairings for the 12-game challenge, which listed Syracuse playing at Arkansas, Syracuse athletic director Daryl Gross wrote in an email to Big East colleagues that the Orange are "overcommitted and can't play at this point."

Gross replied "all" to an email from the Big East that was sent to coaches, athletic directors, league administrators and sports information directors announcing the pairings and dates for the games and said the Orange would not play. The email was obtained by ESPN.com from multiple league sources.
Gross wrote to Big East associate commissioner Tom Odjakjian directly but sent the email to the entire conference. It read:

OJ this is premature as we are over committed and can't play at this point.
I wish we could have agreement as you have put us all in what could be an embarrassing situation
We are not confirmed. I find it amazing that there is no discussion to make a better plan. We have been collegial with the Big East yet it appears that there is no willingness to cooperate. Daryl

I'm sure this will get it's own thread...

Thoughts?
I think the BE wanted to put Syracuse in the worst possible place to visit. Enter Arkansas.

The good news is we are playing in Fayetteville. The bad news is it is Fayetteville, Arkansas, population 2,714, where the streets are lined with pork rinds and used diapers.

Yee-ha!

goodpig1.jpg

Orange '"overcommitted' for challenge

The divorce between Syracuse, Pittsburgh and the Big East continues to be messy as the league and the two departing schools are now embroiled in another controversy: the SEC-Big East Challenge.
The night before Friday's release of the pairings for the 12-game challenge, which listed Syracuse playing at Arkansas, Syracuse athletic director Daryl Gross wrote in an email to Big East colleagues that the Orange are "overcommitted and can't play at this point."

Gross replied "all" to an email from the Big East that was sent to coaches, athletic directors, league administrators and sports information directors announcing the pairings and dates for the games and said the Orange would not play. The email was obtained by ESPN.com from multiple league sources.
Gross wrote to Big East associate commissioner Tom Odjakjian directly but sent the email to the entire conference. It read:

OJ this is premature as we are over committed and can't play at this point.
I wish we could have agreement as you have put us all in what could be an embarrassing situation
We are not confirmed. I find it amazing that there is no discussion to make a better plan. We have been collegial with the Big East yet it appears that there is no willingness to cooperate. Daryl

I'm sure this will get it's own thread...

Wow! This looks like the first salvo in a possible path to suing the big east.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I like the matchup.

Tough road arena (maybe more so historically) against a team who should be alright, maybe, and who we haven't played in about 20 years.

Looks like Gross is dead set against it though, so all the hand wringing on the board may be for nothing.

I think the BE wanted to put Syracuse in the worst possible place to visit. Enter Arkansas.

The good news is we are playing in Fayetteville. The bad news is it is Fayetteville, Arkansas, population 2,714, where the streets are lined with pork rinds and used diapers.

Yee-ha!

Good luck trying to get there. NWA regional airport was Slick Willie's gift to Wally World but it's still about 25 miles from Fayetteville if you can find a flight there. For those thinking of driving bring firearms:

images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom