Syracuse basketball's 2017-18 schedule: What we know so far | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse basketball's 2017-18 schedule: What we know so far

I thought we were going to a 20 game ACC schedule? When does that start?

I plan to be at the following games...

@Georgetown
@Wake Forest
@Georgia Tech
@Louisville

Maybe @Virginia

Hope to see you there!

So we got
@Georgetown
UConn-MSG
Colgate
Cornell
3 tomato cans-Miami Hoophall Invitational
Kansas-Miami
Big Ten- home
2 more non conference games

BC home/home
Pitt home/home
Virginia home/home
Wake Forest home/home
Clemson
North Carolina
NC State
Virginia Tech
Notre Dame
@Florida State
@Miami
@Georgia Tech
@Duke
@Louisville

We know all the games but 2 nonconference opponents and the 3 tomato cans for the Kansas game in Miami.

I'm really liking our conference schedule...our home and homes should be down year teams

The four teams we play in the home and home in the ACC are not bad in terms of difficulty. Could have been a lot worse.

Michigan St. is reserved for mafia teams Duke/UNC, so SU won't be playing Sparty. My best guess is SU will host Michigan.

Michigan St. is reserved for mafia teams Duke/UNC, so SU won't be playing Sparty. My best guess is SU will host Michigan.

My guess is that SU hosts Northwestern.

The game between Syracuse and Kansas will be the culmination of a multi-team event in which both teams will each host Oakland University, University of Toledo and Texas Southern University on their campuses. The game between Miami and Princeton will be considered a single game in their respective schedules.

These tomato cans aren't bad for tomato cans and the RPI. Texas Southern won their conference this year and was a 16 seed,
Toledo is the in the MAC so they won't be a RPI killer and Oakland is a sneaky decent team from the Horizon league.

So updated.
@Georgetown
UConn-MSG
Colgate
Cornell
Toledo-Miami Hoophall Invitational
Texas Southern -Miami Hoophall Invitational
Oakland-Miami Hoophall Invitational
Kansas-Miami
Big Ten- home
2 more non conference games

BC home/home
Pitt home/home
Virginia home/home
Wake Forest home/home
Clemson
North Carolina
NC State
Virginia Tech
Notre Dame
@Florida State
@Miami
@Georgia Tech
@Duke
@Louisville

Only 3 of 31 games TBA. We will get a Big Ten team at home I think Penn State or Northwestern.

Texas Southern is coached by former Indiana coach Mike Davis.

Even though UNC and Kansas were great this year and will likely be very good again next season, they're going to lose a significant chunk of their upper class rosters.

So this Kansas thing happens regardless of what happens in those early games we host, correct? And does anything happen with the winner of the SU-Kansas game, do they play again on Sunday?

Trying to line up a trip on this one, but as a courtesy (ahem, asking for approval), I'd like my wife to know just how much of that sunny Miami time will be spent in an arena.

At least it's easy to convince my GF to go to South Beach. Unfortunate that it will be a home game for us due to all the snow birds.

Pretty sure the Miami Hoophall event is just a double-header and a round-robin of home games against the smaller schools, as opposed to a tournament. So just the one game for us in Miami, no tournament setup.

Kansas is losing at least three starters and maybe all five. Either way, they're going to look very different. Should be a fun challenge for us.

The Kansas game will be in Miami no matter how we do with the other three teams. These type of tournaments give the host schools three home games and only have to give a portion of the gate in exchange for one game at a neutral court.
So you can book the game in Miami as will be playing Kansas that day as part of a doubleheader with Princeton and Miami.

The game between Syracuse and Kansas will be the culmination of a multi-team event in which both teams will each host Oakland University, University of Toledo and Texas Southern University on their campuses. The game between Miami and Princeton will be considered a single game in their respective schedules.
I'd be surprised if tickets are an issue, as I went to this in Dec. 2015 to see Kentucky throttle USF (and Ohio State tussle with Memphis). Arena was 1/2 full.

I'll also be the first to state the obvious, ... HOME GAME as Pearl, Rony and now Dion have suited up for the Heat.

I'd be surprised if tickets are an issue, as I went to this in Dec. 2015 to see Kentucky throttle USF (and Ohio State tussle with Memphis). Arena was 1/2 full.

I'll also be the first to state the obvious, ... HOME GAME as Pearl, Rony and now Dion have suited up for the Heat.

sherman-douglas-heat-90-hoops-signed-basketball-card_a4e98848af0c19b9d29cf9910b8daa89.jpg