Syracuse Blows? out Pitt According to ESPN | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Blows? out Pitt According to ESPN

arbitragegls

All Conference
Will Harris every week for ESPNinsider chooses games that the computers and stats indicate upsets and/or unexpected wins. Importantly, he is well over 50-50 on his picks. Every week during the season, Will Harris will check with the computers (using Insider'sPickCenter) and wiseguys to evaluate the upset possibilities in college football's most compelling games and give his picks for who will come out on top.

He takes 'Cuse by a whopping 17 points based on stats...(I would be happy with a 3 point win). Here is a brief game assessment from his article:

Syracuse is favored by 1 point.

TeamRankings win odds for Pittsburgh: 49 percent

The Orange have struggled against the Panthers over the years, dropping nine of 10 in this long-played, but rarely vitriolic, series.

Pitt is 2-2 after a disastrous start, but a winning season is probably out of reach for an inconsistent team and new staff learning on the job.

Coach Doug Marrone called himself out for his team's poor start, and his Orange have circled the wagons and are ready to make a stand. The offense has punch with quarterback Ryan Nassib and a good group of receivers, and it will get a big boost from the return of top lineman and emotional leader Justin Pugh.

The pick: Syracuse 38, Pittsburgh 21

From Will's lips to God's ears! If we come out and punch Pitt in the face with aggressive D and innovative play calls on O - this outcome is a possibility

Make no mistake about it, this game is a huge game and could be a turning point to the season. If we win, it rights the ship and we have confidence coming off the bye week and have a jump on the Big East season at 1-0 with two winnable games at Rutgirls and home to Yukon. We lose and we are well behind the 8 ball and we play for pride the remainder of the season which is never good. I want to see this team come out with passion tonight. Fired up from the beginning with an electric crowd behind them. I don't care if there is only 30K there.

It sounds good, but I don't want to get my hopes too high. I will take a win by any amount - even a 2-0 forfeit.

How awesome would that be? Hope he's right.

This guys sounds like the smartest guy in the world. I like him. I'm going to start celebrating now. Well, noon anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom