Syracuse Chiefs recommendation | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Chiefs recommendation

CarolinaCuse

Starter
I’m in town to visit relatives and thinking of taking the family (including two young kids) to Chiefs game. Does anyone have a recommendation for good seat locations? I haven’t been to a Chiefs game in over 20 years. Thanks.

I’m in town to visit relatives and thinking of taking the family (including two young kids) to Chiefs game. Does anyone have a recommendation for good seat locations? I haven’t been to a Chiefs game in over 20 years. Thanks.
You can pretty much pick your location for most games, even if you walk up before the game. It all depends on the vantage point you prefer. I think even the 100 level seats top out at 13 or 14 dollars, so it's great value, and there are numerous great food and beverage choices. Have fun!

Screenshot_2018-05-29-19-55-59-1.png

Do the sections behind the plate. 100-102 or 200-202. That way you have the netting so you don’t have to worry about the young kids getting hit by a ball.

Last edited:
Last time I went to a Chiefs game(2011-12 or so right before Bryce Harper got called up), I was quite impressed with the food and beverage selection. Some very high quality local dishes and brews.

It's a great time. Easy to park, tickets are more than reasonable. In game entertainment is fun. Only thing that is in dire need of repair are concession lines when there are more than 2,000 people in the building. It's fortunate they don't sell out a lot as parking on big games and concessions on big games is an adventure.

Thanks for the advice all. We're heading to the DH today against Rochester. Splurged for seats behind home plate (thanks for the tip Bees). After all of the rain over the weekend, it's great day to play two! Peace.
Good choice. Sat back there when Scranton played Syracuse a few weeks ago. Enjoy.
2018-06-14 21.22.10.jpg

Last edited:
Clint Frazier batting lead off for S/WB
Yes, he had a brutal game that night, but looked good back with the Yanks this past week.

Thanks for the advice all. We're heading to the DH today against Rochester. Splurged for seats behind home plate (thanks for the tip Bees). After all of the rain over the weekend, it's great day to play two! Peace.

So how did it go? Two decent games.

So how did it go? Two decent games.

Thanks Bees. Games were excellent despite the Chiefs anemic offense (seriously, how many players can a team have with sub-.200 batting averages?). All around solid experience at the ballbark. When we got to the stadium, I realized that the last time I was at a Chiefs game, they were still at MacArthur Stadium. NBT Field is a nice little ball park (though, I would have loved to have seen it built near Amory Square). Solid amenities and nice staff. People were really kind to us and the kids. We ended up with seats right behind home plate. It made a huge difference for the kiddos who asked questions about (seemingly) every detail of the game. We've taken the kids to games at Nationals Park in DC a couple of times but sit in the 400s. Being down by the field really brought the game alive for them (see below).

My wife and I enjoyed a couple of 1911 drafts from Beak & Skift (who doesn't like a bit of cider in the afternoon sun) while the kids enjoyed the pretzels and opportunity to chat with Pops & Scooch. By the time we left the stadium, the kids had some nice Chiefs swag and were tired out (making heading to bed a piece of cake for the parents). I'd say, an all around great evening.

Again, thanks for the tips. Peace.

IMG_0047.jpg

Thanks Bees. Games were excellent despite the Chiefs anemic offense (seriously, how many players can a team have with sub-.200 batting averages?). All around solid experience at the ballbark. When we got to the stadium, I realized that the last time I was at a Chiefs game, they were still at MacArthur Stadium. NBT Field is a nice little ball park (though, I would have loved to have seen it built near Amory Square). Solid amenities and nice staff. People were really kind to us and the kids. We ended up with seats right behind home plate. It made a huge difference for the kiddos who asked questions about (seemingly) every detail of the game. We've taken the kids to games at Nationals Park in DC a couple of times but sit in the 400s. Being down by the field really brought the game alive for them (see below).

My wife and I enjoyed a couple of 1911 drafts from Beak & Skift (who doesn't like a bit of cider in the afternoon sun) while the kids enjoyed the pretzels and opportunity to chat with Pops & Scooch. By the time we left the stadium, the kids had some nice Chiefs swag and were tired out (making heading to bed a piece of cake for the parents). I'd say, an all around great evening.

Again, thanks for the tips. Peace.

View attachment 131397

Glad everything worked out great.

went to see the fireworks at the Chiefs - always excellent by the way - and notice during the game a mumbling voice on a very bad mic, working the between innings schtick was Mike Lindsley . I've been to a number of games this season and hadn't noticed him in that role. I hope it isn't a wagon Jason and company have tied themselves to. Last time I saw him he was a drunken, f-bomb dropping tool at a Crunch game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom